Option trading strategies based on semi-parametric implied volatility surface prediction
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chris Brooks & M. Currim Oozeer, 2002. "Modelling the Implied Volatility of Options on Long Gilt Futures," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1&2), pages 111-137.
- Rama Cont & Jose da Fonseca, 2002. "Dynamics of implied volatility surfaces," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 45-60.
- Matthias R. Fengler & Wolfgang K. Härdle & Enno Mammen, 0. "A semiparametric factor model for implied volatility surface dynamics," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 5(2), pages 189-218.
- Matthias Fengler & Wolfgang Härdle & Christophe Villa, 2003.
"The Dynamics of Implied Volatilities: A Common Principal Components Approach,"
Review of Derivatives Research,
Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 179-202, October.
- Fengler, Matthias R. & Härdle, Wolfgang K. & Villa, Christophe, 2001. "The dynamics of implied volatilities: A common principal components approach," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2001,38, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Christophe Villa & M.R. Fengler & W.K. Hardle, 2003. "The dynamics of implied volatilities : a common principal components approach," Post-Print halshs-00069509, HAL.
- Heston, Steven L & Nandi, Saikat, 2000. "A Closed-Form GARCH Option Valuation Model," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(3), pages 585-625.
- P. Gagliardini & C. Gourieroux & E. Renault, 2011.
"Efficient Derivative Pricing by the Extended Method of Moments,"
Econometric Society, vol. 79(4), pages 1181-1232, July.
- Patrick GAGLIARDINI & Christian GOURIEROUX & Eric RENAULT, 2004. "Efficient Derivative Pricing By The Extended Method of Moments," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 10-07, Swiss Finance Institute, revised Oct 2009.
- Goyal, Amit & Saretto, Alessio, 2009. "Cross-section of option returns and volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 310-326, November.
- George Skiadopoulos & Stewart Hodges & Les Clewlow, 2000. "The Dynamics of the S&P 500 Implied Volatility Surface," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 263-282, October.
More about this item
KeywordsOption Trading Strategies; Implied Volatility Surface; Option Pricing; Forecasting; Boosting; Regression Trees;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2009-08-22 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2009-08-22 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-GTH-2009-08-22 (Game Theory)
- NEP-MIC-2009-08-22 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-UPT-2009-08-22 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usg:dp2009:2009-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martina Flockerzi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vwasgch.html .