Cooperation and the common enemy effect
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- B. Hoyer, 2012. "Network Disruption and the Common Enemy Effect," Working Papers 12-06, Utrecht School of Economics.
- John C. Harsanyi & Reinhard Selten, 1988. "A General Theory of Equilibrium Selection in Games," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262582384, January.
- Richard Cornes, 1993. "Dyke Maintenance and Other Stories: Some Neglected Types of Public Goods," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(1), pages 259-271.
- Giovanna Devetag & Andreas Ortmann, 2007.
"When and why? A critical survey on coordination failure in the laboratory,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(3), pages 331-344, September.
- Giovanna Devetag & Andreas Ortmann, 2006. "When and Why? A Critical Survey on Coordination Failure in the Laboratory," CEEL Working Papers 0605, Cognitive and Experimental Economics Laboratory, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Giovanna Devetag & Andreas Ortmann, 2006. "When and Why? A Critical Survey on Coordination Failure in the Laboratory," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp302, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Riechmann, Thomas & Weimann, Joachim, 2008.
"Competition as a coordination device: Experimental evidence from a minimum effort coordination game,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 437-454, June.
- Thomas Riechmann & Joachim Weimann, 2004. "Competition as a Coordination Device. Experimental Evidence from a Minimum Effort Coordination Game," Game Theory and Information 0405011, EconWPA.
- Mengel, Friederike, 2012. "Learning across games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 601-619.
- Jackson, Matthew O. & Wolinsky, Asher, 1996.
"A Strategic Model of Social and Economic Networks,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 44-74, October.
- Matthew O. Jackson & Asher Wolinsky, 1994. "A Strategic Model of Social and Economic Networks," Discussion Papers 1098, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Matthew O. Jackson & Asher Wolinsky, 1995. "A Strategic Model of Social and Economic Networks," Discussion Papers 1098R, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Dan Kovenock & Brian Roberson, 2012.
"Coalitional Colonel Blotto Games with Application to the Economics of Alliances,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 14(4), pages 653-676, August.
- Dan Kovenock & Brian Roberson, 2007. "Coalitional Colonel Blotto Games with Application to the Economics of Alliances," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1207, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Kovenock, Dan & Roberson, Brian, 2008.
"Coalitional Colonel Blotto games with application to the economics of alliances
["Colonel Blotto"-Koalitionsspiele mit Anwendung auf die ökonomische Theorie von Allianzen]," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2008-02, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Todd Sandler, 2006. "Hirshleifer'S Social Composition Function In Defense Economics," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(6), pages 645-655.
- Spagnolo, Giancarlo, 1999. "Social relations and cooperation in organizations," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1971. "The Private and Social Value of Information and the Reward to Inventive Activity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(4), pages 561-574, September.
- Vickers, John, 1985. "Delegation and the Theory of the Firm," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(380a), pages 138-147, Supplemen.
- Bornstein, Gary & Gneezy, Uri & Nagel, Rosmarie, 2002.
"The effect of intergroup competition on group coordination: an experimental study,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 1-25, October.
- Gary Bornstein & Uri Gneezy & Rosemarie Nagel, 1999. "The effect of intergroup competition on group coordination: An experimental study," Economics Working Papers 393, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Theodore McLauchlin & Wendy Pearlman, 2012. "Out-Group Conflict, In-Group Unity?," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 56(1), pages 41-66, February.
More about this item
KeywordsCommon Enemy Effect; Defence Games; Prisonerâ€™s Dilemma; Stag Hunt;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-12-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2012-12-22 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-GTH-2012-12-22 (Game Theory)
- NEP-HPE-2012-12-22 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2012-12-22 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-SOC-2012-12-22 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:use:tkiwps:1224. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marina Muilwijk) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eiruunl.html .