Strategic delegation in monetary unions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1985. "The Optimal Degree of Commitment to an Intermediate Monetary Target," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(4), pages 1169-1189.
- Barro, Robert J & Gordon, David B, 1983.
"A Positive Theory of Monetary Policy in a Natural Rate Model,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(4), pages 589-610, August.
- Robert J. Barro & David B. Gordon, 1981. "A Positive Theory of Monetary Policy in a Natural-Rate Model," NBER Working Papers 0807, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Varadarajan V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe, 2008.
"Time Inconsistency and Free-Riding in a Monetary Union,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(7), pages 1329-1356, October.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe, 2002. "Time Consistency and Free-Riding in a Monetary Union," NBER Working Papers 9370, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe, 2010. "Time Inconsistency and Free-Riding in a Monetary Union," Levine's Working Paper Archive 506439000000000084, David K. Levine.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe, 2008. "Time inconsistency and free-riding in a monetary union," Staff Report 308, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe, 2003.
"On the desirability of fiscal constraints in a monetary union,"
330, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- V.V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe, 2004. "On the Desirability of Fiscal Constraints in a Monetary Union," NBER Working Papers 10232, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dixit, Avinash & Lambertini, Luisa, 2001. "Monetary-fiscal policy interactions and commitment versus discretion in a monetary union," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 977-987, May.
- Beetsma, Roel & Uhlig, Harald, 1999. "An Analysis of the Stability and Growth Pact," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(458), pages 546-571, October.
- Chari, V V & Jones, Larry E & Marimon, Ramon, 1997.
"The Economics of Split-Ticket Voting in Representative Democracies,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 957-976, December.
- V. V. Chari & Larry E. Jones & Ramon Marimon, 1997. "The economics of split-ticket voting in representative democracies," Working Papers 582, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Russell W. Cooper & Hubert Kempf, 2001. "Dollarization and the conquest of hyperinflation in divided societies," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Sum, pages 3-12.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Uhlig, Harald, 2002.
"One Money, but Many Fiscal Policies in Europe: What Are the Consequences?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3296, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Uhlig, H.F.H.V.S., 2002. "One Money, But Many Fiscal Policies in Europe : What are the Consequences?," Discussion Paper 2002-32, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsStrategic delegation; monetary union; time-consistency; monetary policy;
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-09-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2005-09-29 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2005-09-29 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2005-09-29 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfgen:842. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.upf.edu/ .