Locating emergency services with priority rules: The priority queuing covering location problem
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Branas, Charles C. & Revelle, Charles S., 2001. "An iterative switching heuristic to locate hospitals and helicopters," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 11-30, March.
- Marianov, Vladimir & Serra, Daniel, 2001.
"Hierarchical location-allocation models for congested systems,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 135(1), pages 195-208, November.
- Vladimir Marianov & Daniel Serra, 2000. "Hierarchical location-allocation models for congested systems," Economics Working Papers 425, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- repec:mes:postke:v:13:y:1990:i:2:p:233-235 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rajan Batta & Narasimha R. Mannur, 1990. "Covering-Location Models for Emergency Situations That Require Multiple Response Units," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(1), pages 16-23, January.
- Vladimir Marianov & Daniel Serra, 1994. "Probabilistic maximal covering location models for congested systems," Economics Working Papers 70, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Michael O. Ball & Feng L. Lin, 1993. "A Reliability Model Applied to Emergency Service Vehicle Location," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 41(1), pages 18-36, February.
- Oded Berman & Richard C. Larson & Samuel S. Chiu, 1985. "Optimal Server Location on a Network Operating as an M / G /1 Queue," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 33(4), pages 746-771, August.
- Barton H. Hamilton & Vivian Ho & Dana P. Goldman, 2000. "Queuing for Surgery: Is the U.S. or Canada Worse Off?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(2), pages 297-308, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:iim:iimawp:13011 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jayaswal, Sachin, 2014. "Emergency Medical Service System Design under Service Level Constraints for Heterogeneous Patients," IIMA Working Papers WP2014-11-04, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Hoseinpour, Pooya & Ahmadi-Javid, Amir, 2016. "A profit-maximization location-capacity model for designing a service system with risk of service interruptions," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 113-134.
More about this item
KeywordsLocation; queuing; greedy heuristics; simulation;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- L80 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-10-23 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfgen:642. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.upf.edu/ .