A new method for constructing exact tests without making any assumptions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fishman, George S., 1991. "Confidence intervals for the mean in the bounded case," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 223-227, September.
- Quinn McNemar, 1947. "Note on the sampling error of the difference between correlated proportions or percentages," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 12(2), pages 153-157, June.
- Nancy Buchan & Rachel Croson, 1999. "Gender and Culture: International Experimental Evidence from Trust Games," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 386-391, May.
- Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2008.
"The law and economics of self-dealing,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 430-465, June.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2005. "The Law and Economics of Self-Dealing," NBER Working Papers 11883, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & Shleifer, Andrei, 2008. "The Law and Economics of Self-dealing," Scholarly Articles 2907526, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Romano, Joseph P. & Wolf, Michael, 2001. "Explicit nonparametric confidence intervals for the variance with guaranteed coverage," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws010302, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Karl Schlag, 2008. "Bringing game theory to hypothesis testing: Establishing finite sample bounds on inference," Economics Working Papers 1099, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Africa Borges del Rosal & Concepción San Luis & Alfonso Sánchez-Bruno, 2003. "Dominance Statistics: A Simulation Study on the d Statistic," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 303-316, August.
- Reiczigel, Jeno & Zakarias, Ildiko & Rozsa, Lajos, 2005. "A Bootstrap Test of Stochastic Equality of Two Populations," The American Statistician, American Statistical Association, vol. 59, pages 156-161, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Galbiati, Roberto & Schlag, Karl H. & van der Weele, Joël J., 2013.
"Sanctions that signal: An experiment,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 34-51.
- Roberto Galbiatiy & Karl Schlagz & Joel van der Weele, 2010. "Sanctions that Signal: an Experiment," Levine's Working Paper Archive 661465000000001104, David K. Levine.
- Roberto Galbiati & Karl Schlag & Joel van der Weele, 2011. "Sanctions that Signal: an Experiment," Vienna Economics Papers 1107, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Roberto Galbiati & Karl H. Schlag & Joël J Van Der Weele, 2013. "Sanctions that signal: An experiment," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/7o52iohb7k6, Sciences Po.
- Thomas A. Stephens & Jean-Robert Tyran, 2012.
"“At least I didn’t lose money” - Nominal Loss Aversion Shapes Evaluations of Housing Transactions,"
12-14, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Stephens, Thomas A & Tyran, Jean-Robert, 2012. "“At least I didn’t lose money” Nominal Loss Aversion Shapes Evaluations of Housing Transactions," CEPR Discussion Papers 9198, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gossner, Olivier & Schlag, Karl H., 2013.
"Finite-sample exact tests for linear regressions with bounded dependent variables,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 177(1), pages 75-84.
- Olivier Gossner & Karl H. Schlag, 2013. "Finite-sample exact tests for linear regressions with bounded dependent variables," Post-Print halshs-00879792, HAL.
- Karl H.Schlag, 2015. "Who gives Direction to Statistical Testing? Best Practice meets Mathematically Correct Tests," Vienna Economics Papers 1512, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Chakrabarty, Manisha & Hildenbrand, Werner, 2011. "Engel's Law Reconsidered," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 289-299.
- Roberto Galbiati & Karl Schlag & Joël van der Weele, 2009.
"Can sanctions induce pessimism? An experiment,"
Economics Working Papers
1150, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Roberto Galbiati & Karl Schlag & Joël van der Weele, 2009. "Can Sanctions Induce Pessimism? An Experiment," Labsi Experimental Economics Laboratory University of Siena 024, University of Siena.
- Müller, Julia & Schwieren, Christiane & Spitzer, Florian, 2016.
"What Drives Destruction? On the Malleability of Anti-Social Behavior,"
Department of Economics Working Paper Series
5343, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Julia Müller & Christiane Schwieren & Florian Spitzer, 2016. "What Drives Destruction? On the Malleability of Anti-Social Behavior," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp238, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Karl Schlag & Olivier Gossner, 2010. "Finite sample nonparametric tests for linear regressions," Economics Working Papers 1212, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
More about this item
KeywordsDistribution-free; nonparametric; exact hypothesis testing; unavoidable inaccuracy; nonparametric Behrens-Fisher problem; UMPU test; Kendall's tau; Qn;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfgen:1109. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.upf.edu/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.