Emission-Photosynthesis Imbalance and Climate Change:Forest Land under Intensified Uncertainty and Expected Utility Maximization
This paper introduces photosynthesis into the motion-equation of the atmospheric stock of carbon-dioxide as a counterpart endogenous factor to emissions of this principal greenhouse gas from lands occupied by humans. By doing so, the paper links the stock of atmospheric carbon-dioxide, hence climate-change and uncertainty, to the allocation of usable land to humans and forest. The public planners can control this allocation and, consequently, the atmospheric stock of carbon-dioxide, climate-change and future usable land by setting land-rates in accordance with use. The analysis considers two types of land-use for expected utility maximizing humans and derives the effects of the land-rates and photosynthesis’ efficiency on the size of the forest.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: School of Economics, University of Wollongong, Northfields Avenue, Wollongong NSW 2522 Australia|
Phone: +612 4221-3659
Fax: +612 4221-3725
Web page: http://business.uow.edu.au/econ/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amnon Levy, 2011.
"Abstinence with Reputation Loss, Understating Expectations and Guiltand the Effectiveness of Emission Tax,"
Economics Working Papers
wp11-01, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Amnon Levy, 2011. "Abstinence with Reputation Loss, Understating Expectations and Guiltand the Effectiveness of Emission Tax," Economics Working Papers wp11-12, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Hoel, Michael & Karp, Larry, 2002.
"Taxes versus quotas for a stock pollutant,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 367-384, November.
- Hoel, Michael & Karp, Larry, 2001. "Taxes versus Quotas for a Stock Pollutant," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt5fx9p7kf, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- M. L. Weitzman, 1973.
"Prices vs. Quantities,"
106, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Pizer, William & Newell, Richard, 1998.
"Regulating Stock Externalities Under Uncertainty,"
dp-99-10-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Fischer, Carolyn & Newell, Richard, 2004.
"Environmental and Technology Policies for Climate Mitigation,"
dp-04-05, Resources For the Future.
- Fischer, Carolyn & Newell, Richard G., 2008. "Environmental and technology policies for climate mitigation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 142-162, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uow:depec1:wp11-08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Siminski)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.