Post-Conflict Recovery: Does the Global Economy Work for Peace?
This paper mainly addresses the economic dimensions, concentrating on the importance of international trade to state-building and the need for global public goods in a global market economy. The focus here is on the smaller countries emerging from civil war (particularly in Africa) rather than â€˜internationalâ€™ wars. [Discussion Paper No. 2005/05].
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Katajanokanlaituri 6B, 00160 Helsinki|
Web page: http://www.wider.unu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anderson, Kym, 2004.
"The challenge of reducing subsidies and trade barriers,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3415, The World Bank.
- Kym Anderson, 2004. "The challenge of Reducing Subsidies and Trade Barriers," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2004-12, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Anderson, Kym, 2004. "The Challenge of Reducing Subsidies and Trade Barriers," CEPR Discussion Papers 4592, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kaul, Inge & Conceicao, Pedro & Le Goulven, Katell & Mendoza, Ronald U. (ed.), 2003. "Providing Global Public Goods: Managing Globalization," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195157413, December.
- Wayne Nafziger, E. & Auvinen, Juha, 2002. "Economic Development, Inequality, War, and State Violence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 153-163, February.
- Tony Addison & S. Mansoob Murshed, 2003.
"Debt Relief and Civil War,"
Journal of Peace Research,
Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 40(2), pages 159-176, March.
- Atkinson, A. B. (ed.), 2004. "New Sources of Development Finance," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199278565, December.
- Gillson, I & Poulton, Colin & Balcombe, Kelvin & Page, S, 2004. "Understanding the impact of Cotton Subsidies on developing countries," MPRA Paper 15373, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:dp2005-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.