LM-type tests for idiosyncratic and common unit roots in the exact factor model with AR(1) dynamics
Recent developments within the panel unit-root literature have illustrated how the exact factor model serves as a parsimonious framework and allows for consistent maximum likelihood inference even when it is misspecified contra the more general approximate factor model. In this paper we consider an exact factor model with AR1 dynamics and propose LM-type tests for idiosyncratic and common unit roots. We derive the asymptotic distributions and carry out simulations to investigate size and power of the tests in finite samples, as well as compare the performance with some existing tests.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O. Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht|
Phone: +31 (0)43 38 83 830
Web page: http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pesaran, M.H., 2003.
"A Simple Panel Unit Root Test in the Presence of Cross Section Dependence,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0346, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2007. "A simple panel unit root test in the presence of cross-section dependence," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 265-312.
- Doz, Catherine & Giannone, Domenico & Reichlin, Lucrezia, 2006.
"A Quasi Maximum Likelihood Approach for Large Approximate Dynamic Factor Models,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5724, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Catherine Doz & Domenico Giannone & Lucrezia Reichlin, 2012. "A Quasi–Maximum Likelihood Approach for Large, Approximate Dynamic Factor Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 94(4), pages 1014-1024, November.
- Catherine Doz & Domenico Giannone & Lucrezia Reichlin, 2008. "A Quasi Maximum Likelihood Approach for Large Approximate Dynamic Factor Models," Working Papers ECARES 2008_034, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Doz, Catherine & Giannone, Domenico & Reichlin, Lucrezia, 2006. "A quasi maximum likelihood approach for large approximate dynamic factor models," Working Paper Series 0674, European Central Bank.
- Catherine Doz & Domenico Giannone & Lucrezia Reichlin, 2012. "A Quasi Maximum Likelihood Approach for Large, Approximate Dynamic Factor Models," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00638440, HAL.
- Chamberlain, Gary & Rothschild, Michael, 1982.
"Arbitrage, Factor Structure, and Mean-Variance Analysis on Large Asset Markets,"
3230355, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Chamberlain, Gary & Rothschild, Michael, 1983. "Arbitrage, Factor Structure, and Mean-Variance Analysis on Large Asset Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(5), pages 1281-1304, September.
- Gary Chamberlain & Michael Rothschild, 1982. "Arbitrage, Factor Structure, and Mean-Variance Analysis on Large Asset Markets," NBER Working Papers 0996, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Liu, Huan & Tang, Yongqiang & Zhang, Hao Helen, 2009. "A new chi-square approximation to the distribution of non-negative definite quadratic forms in non-central normal variables," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 853-856, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:umagsb:2013059. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Leonne Portz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.