Learning in Advance Selling with Heterogeneous Consumers
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Oksana Loginova & X. Henry Wang & Chenhang Zeng, 2012. "Learning in Advance Selling with Heterogeneous Consumers," Working Papers 12-08, NET Institute, revised Sep 2012.
- Oksana Loginova & X. Henry Wang & Chenhang Zeng, 2012. "Learning in Advance Selling with Heterogeneous Consumers," SDU Working Papers 2012-02, School of Economics, Shandong University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cuihong Li & Fuqiang Zhang, 2013. "Advance Demand Information, Price Discrimination, and Preorder Strategies," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 15(1), pages 57-71, September.
- Courty, Pascal, 2003. "Ticket Pricing under Demand Uncertainty," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(2), pages 627-652, October.
- Nocke, Volker & Peitz, Martin & Rosar, Frank, 2011.
"Advance-purchase discounts as a price discrimination device,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 141-162, January.
- Nocke, Volker & Peitz, Martin, 2008. "Advance-Purchase Discounts as a Price Discrimination Device," CEPR Discussion Papers 6664, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Özalp Özer & Wei Wei, 2006. "Strategic Commitments for an Optimal Capacity Decision Under Asymmetric Forecast Information," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(8), pages 1238-1257, August.
- James D. Dana & Jr., 1998. "Advance-Purchase Discounts and Price Discrimination in Competitive Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(2), pages 395-422, April.
- Jinhong Xie & Steven M. Shugan, 2001. "Electronic Tickets, Smart Cards, and Online Prepayments: When and How to Advance Sell," Marketing Science, INFORMS, pages 219-243.
- Nancy L. Stokey, 1979. "Intertemporal Price Discrimination," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(3), pages 355-371.
- Hairong Chen & Mahmut Parlar, 2005. "Dynamic analysis of the Newsboy model with early purchase commitments," International Journal of Services and Operations Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 56-74.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- X. Wang & Chenhang Zeng, 2016.
"A model of advance selling with consumer heterogeneity and limited capacity,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 117(2), pages 137-165, March.
- X. Henry Wang & Chenhang Zeng, 2016. "A model of advance selling with consumer heterogeneity and limited capacity," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 117(2), pages 137-165, March.
- X. Henry Wang & Chenhang Zeng, 2014. "A Model of Advance Selling with Consumer Heterogeneity and Limited Capacity," SDU Working Papers 2014-04, School of Economics, Shandong University.
- repec:umc:wpaper:1303 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chenhang Zeng, 2013.
"Optimal Advance Selling Strategy under Price Commitment,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(2), pages 233-258, May.
- Chenhang Zeng, 2012. "Optimal Advance Selling Strategy under Price Commitment," SDU Working Papers 2012-03, School of Economics, Shandong University.
- Oksana Loginova, 2016. "Advance Selling, Competition, and Brand Substitutability," Working Papers 1615, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
More about this item
Keywordsadvance selling; the Newsvendor Problem; demand uncertainty; experienced consumers; inexperienced consumers; learning;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Monopoly
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2014-04-18 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-MKT-2014-04-18 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:umc:wpaper:1408. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valerie Kulp). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edumous.html .