Learning in Advance Selling with Heterogeneous Consumers
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Oksana Loginova & X. Henry Wang & Chenhang Zeng, 2017. "Learning in Advance Selling with Heterogeneous Consumers," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 38(6), pages 765-783, September.
- Oksana Loginova & X. Henry Wang & Chenhang Zeng, 2012. "Learning in Advance Selling with Heterogeneous Consumers," SDU Working Papers 2012-02, School of Economics, Shandong University.
- Oksana Loginova & X. Hnery Wang & Chenhang Zeng, 2014. "Learning in Advance Selling with Heterogeneous Consumers," Working Papers 1408, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
References listed on IDEAS
- Özalp Özer & Wei Wei, 2006. "Strategic Commitments for an Optimal Capacity Decision Under Asymmetric Forecast Information," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(8), pages 1238-1257, August.
- James D. Dana & Jr., 1998. "Advance-Purchase Discounts and Price Discrimination in Competitive Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(2), pages 395-422, April.
- Nocke, Volker & Peitz, Martin & Rosar, Frank, 2011.
"Advance-purchase discounts as a price discrimination device,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 141-162, January.
- Nocke, Volker & Peitz, Martin, 2008. "Advance-Purchase Discounts as a Price Discrimination Device," CEPR Discussion Papers 6664, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hairong Chen & Mahmut Parlar, 2005. "Dynamic analysis of the Newsboy model with early purchase commitments," International Journal of Services and Operations Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 56-74.
- Courty, Pascal, 2003. "Ticket Pricing under Demand Uncertainty," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(2), pages 627-652, October.
- Cuihong Li & Fuqiang Zhang, 2013. "Advance Demand Information, Price Discrimination, and Preorder Strategies," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 15(1), pages 57-71, September.
- Jinhong Xie & Steven M. Shugan, 2001. "Electronic Tickets, Smart Cards, and Online Prepayments: When and How to Advance Sell," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(3), pages 219-243, June.
- Nancy L. Stokey, 1979. "Intertemporal Price Discrimination," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(3), pages 355-371.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- X. Wang & Chenhang Zeng, 2016.
"A model of advance selling with consumer heterogeneity and limited capacity,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 117(2), pages 137-165, March.
- X. Henry Wang & Chenhang Zeng, 2016. "A model of advance selling with consumer heterogeneity and limited capacity," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 117(2), pages 137-165, March.
- X. Henry Wang & Chenhang Zeng, 2014. "A Model of Advance Selling with Consumer Heterogeneity and Limited Capacity," SDU Working Papers 2014-04, School of Economics, Shandong University.
- repec:umc:wpaper:1303 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chenhang Zeng, 2013.
"Optimal Advance Selling Strategy under Price Commitment,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(2), pages 233-258, May.
- Chenhang Zeng, 2012. "Optimal Advance Selling Strategy under Price Commitment," SDU Working Papers 2012-03, School of Economics, Shandong University.
- Oksana Loginova, 2016.
"Advance Selling, Competition, and Brand Substitutability,"
1615, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised Jul 2018.
- Oksana Loginova, 2016. "Advance Selling, Competition, and Brand Substitutability," Working Papers 1812, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised Jul 2018.
More about this item
Keywordsadvance selling; the Newsvendor Problem; demand uncertainty; experienced consumers; inexperienced consumers.;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Monopoly
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:net:wpaper:1208. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicholas Economides). General contact details of provider: http://www.NETinst.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.