Overcoming Low Political Equilibrium in Africa: Institutional Changes for Inclusive Development
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Juma, Calestous, 2011. "The New Harvest: Agricultural Innovation in Africa," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199783199.
- Shimeles, Abebe, 2010. "Community based health insurance schemes in Africa: The case of Rwanda," Working Papers in Economics 463, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Léonce Ndikumana, 2005.
"Distributional Conflict, The State, and Peacebuilding in Burundi,"
wp105, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Léonce Ndikumana, 2005. "Distributional conflict, the state, and peace building in Burundi," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2005-13, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Ndikumana, Leonce, 2005. "Distributional Conflict, the State, and Peacebuilding in Burundi," WIDER Working Paper Series 045, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- World Bank, 2012.
"World Development Report 2013
[Informe anual del Banco Mundial de 2013 : poner fin a la pobreza extrema, promover la prosperidad compartida - informe principal]," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 11843.
- Leander Heldring & James A. Robinson, 2012. "Colonialism and Economic Development in Africa," NBER Working Papers 18566, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Channing Arndt & Paul Chinowsky & Sherman Robinson & Kenneth Strzepek & Finn Tarp & James Thurlow, 2012. "Economic Development under Climate Change," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 369-377, August.
- Michael A. Clemens & Steven Radelet & Rikhil Bhavnani, 2004.
"Counting chickens when they hatch: The short-term effect of aid on growth,"
- Michael Clemens & Steven Radelet & Rikhil Bhavnani, 2004. "Counting Chickens When They Hatch: The Short-term Effect of Aid on Growth," Working Papers 44, Center for Global Development.
- Giovanni Andrea Cornia & Milica Uvalic, 2012. "Learning from the past: Which of the past/current development strategies are best suited to deal with the ‘quadruple crisis’?," Working Papers 116, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Erik S. Reinert & Rainer Kattel, 2009. "The Economics of Failed, Failing, and Fragile States: Productive Structure as the Missing Link," The Other Canon Foundation and Tallinn University of Technology Working Papers in Technology Governance and Economic Dynamics 18, TUT Ragnar Nurkse School of Innovation and Governance.
- Reynolds, Lloyd G, 1983. "The Spread of Economic Growth to the Third World: 1850-1980," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, pages 941-980.
- José Antonio Alonso, 2012. "From aid to global development policy," Working Papers 121, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Janvier D. Nkurunziza & Léonce Ndikumana & Prime Nyamoya, 2012. "The Financial Sector in Burundi," NBER Working Papers 18289, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordspolitical equilibrium; Africa; institutions; growth;
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O43 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Institutions and Growth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-09-26 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2013-09-26 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-POL-2013-09-26 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uma:periwp:wp331. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Judy Fogg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/permaus.html .