The concept of " ba " : a new way in the study of knowledge management in companies …
We present, a relatively new and unpublished concept here : the " ba ". This one is advanced by two authors : I. Nonaka and N. Konno . They show that this concept - shape of place where take place interactions - is a foundation of creation of new knowledge in an organization. Our conviction is that this space is determiner in the study as well as in the description of the management of the knowledge in companies and that it presupposes numerous fields of research in sciences of management. It is a significant contribution, as far as it is multi-organizational, multi-activities, etc. This concept is below presented from the papers of I. Nonaka and N. Konno , while proposing a reading based on thematic main clauses stemming from theoretical currents treating knowledge in organizations. Besides, we propose a frame of study for this concept as well as the definition of the main forms of " ba " being able to exist.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: PEGE. 61, Aven. de la Forêt-Noire 67000 Strasbourg|
Phone: +33 3 68 85 20 69
Fax: +33 3 68 85 20 70
Web page: http://www.beta-umr7522.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Saviotti, Pier Paolo, 1998. "On the dynamics of appropriability, of tacit and of codified knowledge," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(7-8), pages 843-856, April.
- Cohen, Michael D, et al, 1996.
"Routines and Other Recurring Action Patterns of Organizations: Contemporary Research Issues,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 5(3), pages 653-698.
- Michael D. Cohen & Roger Burkhart & Giovanni Dosi & Massimo Egidi & Luigi Marengo & Massimo Warglien & Sidney Winter & with comments by Benjamin Coriat, 1995. "Routines and Other Recurring Action Patterns of Organizations: Contemporary Research Issues," Working Papers 95-11-101, Santa Fe Institute.
- Patrick Cohendet & Patrick Llerena, 1999. "La conception de la firme comme processeur de connaissances," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 88(1), pages 211-235.
- Cowan, Robin & Foray, Dominique, 1997. "The Economics of Codification and the Diffusion of Knowledge," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(3), pages 595-622, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ulp:sbbeta:9920. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.