Completion of knowledge codification: an illustration through the ISO 9000 standards implementation process
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cohendet, Patrick & Steinmueller, W Edward, 2000. "The Codification of Knowledge: A Conceptual and Empirical Exploration," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 195-209, June.
- Docking, Diane Scott & Dowen, Richard J, 1999. "Market Interpretation of ISO 9000 Registration," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 22(2), pages 147-160, Summer.
- Ancori, Bernard & Bureth, Antoine & Cohendet, Patrick, 2000. "The Economics of Knowledge: The Debate about Codification and and Tacit Knowledge," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 255-287, June.
- Cowan, Robin & David, Paul A & Foray, Dominique, 2000.
"The Explicit Economics of Knowledge Codification and Tacitness,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 211-253, June.
- Cowan, Robin & David, Paul & Foray, Dominique, 1999. "The Explicit Economics of Knowledge Codification and Tacitness," Research Memorandum 025, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Robin Cowan & Paul A. David & Dominique Foray, 1999. "The Explicit Economics of Knowledge Codification and Tacitness," Working Papers 99027, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Bengt-ake Lundvall & Bjorn Johnson, 1994. "The Learning Economy," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 23-42.
- Cowan, Robin & Foray, Dominique, 1997. "The Economics of Codification and the Diffusion of Knowledge," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(3), pages 595-622, September.
- Saviotti, Pier Paolo, 1998. "On the dynamics of appropriability, of tacit and of codified knowledge," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(7-8), pages 843-856, April.
- Herbert A. Simon, 1999. "The many shapes of knowledge," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 88(1), pages 23-39.
- Withers, Barbara & Ebrahimpour, Maling, 2000. "Does ISO 9000 certification affect the dimensions of quality used for competitive advantage?," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 431-443, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Müller, Jo-Ann, 2016. "Subsidiary Strategy and Importance of Standards: Re-interpreting the integration-responsiveness framework," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145896, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Knut Blind & Andre Jungmittag, 2008. "The impact of patents and standards on macroeconomic growth: a panel approach covering four countries and 12 sectors," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 51-60, February.
- Clougherty, Joseph A. & Grajek, Michał, 2014.
"International standards and international trade: Empirical evidence from ISO 9000 diffusion,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 70-82.
- Joseph A. Clougherty & Michał Grajek, 2012. "International Standards and International Trade: Empirical Evidence from ISO 9000 Diffusion," NBER Chapters,in: Standards, Patents and Innovations National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clougherty, Joseph A. & Grajek, Michal, 2012. "International Standards and International Trade: Empirical Evidence from ISO 9000 Diffusion," CEPR Discussion Papers 9047, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joseph A. Clougherty & Michal Grajek, 2012. "International Standards and International Trade: Empirical Evidence from ISO 9000 Diffusion," NBER Working Papers 18132, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Larsen, Katarina & Svane, Örjan, 2005. "Routines and Communities of Practice in Public Environmental Procurement Processes," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 44, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Isabel Maria Bodas Freitas, 2007.
"New instruments in innovation policy: The case of the Department of Trade and Industry in the UK,"
Science and Public Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 34(9), pages 644-656, November.
- Isabel Maria Bodas Freitas, 2007. "New instruments in innovation policy: The case of the Department of Trade and Industry in the UK," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-01487503, HAL.
- Gilles Lambert & Jocelyne Loos-Baroin, 2004. "Certification IS0 9000 et création de connaissances opérationnelles ou conceptuelles:une étude de cas," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 7(1), pages 53-79, March.
- Ueki, Yasushi, 2016. "Customer pressure, customer–manufacturer–supplier relationships, and quality control performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 2233-2238.
- Wright, Christopher & Sturdy, Andrew & Wylie, Nick, 2012. "Management innovation through standardization: Consultants as standardizers of organizational practice," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 652-662.
- Isabel Maria Bodas Freitas & Michiko Iizuka, 2008. "Standards compliance as an alternative learning opportunity under globalization in Latin America," SPRU Working Paper Series 172, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Feten Hamama, 2012. "Systemes De Controle Et Processus De Gestion Des Connaissances, Une Illustration Dans Le Secteur De L'Equipement Automobile," Post-Print hal-00691176, HAL.
- Isabel Maria Bodas Freitas & Michiko Iizuka, 2012. "A multi-level analysis of the diffusion of standards compliance in Latin America," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-01487512, HAL.
- Joseph A. Clougherty & Michal Grajek, 2009. "ISO 9000: New form of protectionism or common language in international trade?," ESMT Research Working Papers ESMT-09-006, ESMT European School of Management and Technology.
- Michal Grajek, 2004. "Diffusion of ISO 9000 Standards and International Trade," CIG Working Papers SP II 2004-16, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Xie, Zongjie & Hall, Jeremy & McCarthy, Ian P. & Skitmore, Martin & Shen, Liyin, 2016. "Standardization efforts: The relationship between knowledge dimensions, search processes and innovation outcomes," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 48, pages 69-78.
- Bodas Freitas, Isabel Maria & Iizuka, Michiko, 2012. "Openness to international markets and the diffusion of standards compliance in Latin America. A multi level analysis," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 201-215.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:30:y:2001:i:9:p:1395-1407. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.