Mr. Keynes, the Classics and the new Keynesians: A suggested formalization
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rodolphe Dos Santos Ferreira, 2014. "Mr Keynes, the Classics and the new Keynesians: A suggested formalisation," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(5), pages 801-838, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Farmer, Roger E.A., 2016.
"The Evolution Of Endogenous Business Cycles,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(02), pages 544-557, March.
- Roger E. A. Farmer, 2012. "The Evolution of Endogenous Business Cycles," Working Papers 302012, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Roger E.A. Farmer, 2012. "The Evolution of Endogenous Business Cycles," NBER Working Papers 18284, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Farmer, Roger E A, 2012. "The Evolution of Endogenous Business Cycles," CEPR Discussion Papers 9080, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michel, DE VROEY, 2005. "Involuntary Unemployment : the Elusive Quest for a Theory," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2005004, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Russell Cooper & Andrew John, 1988.
"Coordinating Coordination Failures in Keynesian Models,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 103(3), pages 441-463.
- Russell Cooper & John Andrew, 1985. "Coordinating Coordination Failures in Keynesian Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 745R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 1985.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Rodolphe DOS SANTOS FERREIRA & Philippe MICHEL, 1991. "Keynes’ Aggregate Supply Function and the Principle of Effective Demand," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 1991023, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- John Bryant, 1983. "A Simple Rational Expectations Keynes-type Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(3), pages 525-528.
- Silvestre, Joaquim, 1993.
"The Market-Power Foundations of Macroeconomic Policy,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 31(1), pages 105-141, March.
- Silvestre, J., 1991. "The Market-Power Foundations of Macroeconomic Policy," Papers 374, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- D. G. Champernowne, 1936. "Unemployment, Basic and Monetary: the Classical Analysis and the Keynesian," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(3), pages 201-216.
- Krugman, Paul R., 1979. "Increasing returns, monopolistic competition, and international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 469-479, November.
- Axel Leijonhufvud, 1988. "Did Keynes Mean Anything? Rejoinder to Yeager," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 8(1), pages 209-217, Spring/Su.
- Kevin D. Hoover, 1995. "Relative Wages, Rationality, and Involuntary Unemployment in Keynes's Labor Market," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 27(4), pages 653-685, Winter.
- Paul R. Krugman, 1998. "It's Baaack: Japan's Slump and the Return of the Liquidity Trap," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(2), pages 137-206.
- Sylvie Rivot, 2011. "Special remedies for special causes: involuntary unemployment in Keynes' political writings," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(4), pages 785-803.
- Dixon, Huw David & Rankin, Neil, 1994.
"Imperfect Competition and Macroeconomics: A Survey,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 46(2), pages 171-199, April.
- Dixon, H. & Rankin, N., 1991. "Imperfect Competition and Macroeconomics: a Survey," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 387, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Dixon, Huw David & Rankin, Neil, 1992. "Imperfect Competition and Macroeconomics: A Survey," CEPR Discussion Papers 636, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lawrence R. Klein, 1947. "Theories of Effective Demand and Employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 108-108.
- Julio J. Rotemberg, 1982. "Monopolistic Price Adjustment and Aggregate Output," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(4), pages 517-531.
- Rodolphe Dos Santos Ferreira & Philippe Michel, 2013. "Keynes' Wage–Price Dynamics," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(1), pages 44-72, February.
- Lars E. O. Svensson, 1986. "Sticky Goods Prices, Flexible Asset Prices, Monopolistic Competition, and Monetary Policy," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(3), pages 385-405.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:pal:easeco:v:43:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1057_eej.2015.56 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsKeynes’s model; involuntary unemployment; coordination failures; liquidity trap; relative wages.;
- B22 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Macroeconomics
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2013-11-02 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2013-11-02 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ulp:sbbeta:2013-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bestrfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.