Weak IPR and Imitation in the South and International Exhaustion of Patent Rights in the North for Innovated Drugs: A Policy Game
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Malueg, David A. & Schwartz, Marius, 1994.
"Parallel imports, demand dispersion, and international price discrimination,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(3-4), pages 167-195, November.
- Malueg, D.A. & Schwartz, M., 1993. "Parallel Imports, Demand Dispersion and International Price Discrimination," Papers 93-6, U.S. Department of Justice - Antitrust Division.
- Valletti, Tommaso M., 2006. "Differential pricing, parallel trade, and the incentive to invest," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 314-324, September.
- Stefan Lutz, 1997.
"Vertical product differentiation and entry deterrence,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 65(1), pages 79-102, February.
- Lutz, Stefan, 1996. "Vertical Product Differentiation and Entry Deterrence," CEPR Discussion Papers 1455, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Panle Gia & Pinelopi K. Goldberg & Shubham Chaudhuri, 2006.
"Estimating the Effects of Global Patent Protection in Pharmaceuticals: A Case Study of Quinolones in India,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(5), pages 1477-1514, December.
- Shubham Chaudhuri & Pinelopi K. Goldberg & Panle Jia, 2003. "Estimating the Effects of Global Patent Protection in Pharmaceuticals: A Case Study of Quinolones in India," NBER Working Papers 10159, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shubham Chaudhuri & Pinelopi K. Goldberg & Panle Jia, 2006. "Estimating the Effects of Global Patent Protection in Pharmaceuticals: A Case Study of Quinolones in India," Working Papers id:772, eSocialSciences.
- Eugen Kováč & Krešimir Žigić, 2014.
"International Competition in Vertically Differentiated Markets with Innovation and Imitation: Trade Policy Versus Free Trade,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 81(323), pages 491-521, July.
- Eugen Kovac & Kresimir Zigic, 2007. "International Competition in Vertically Differentiated Markets with Innovation and Imitation: Trade Policy versus Free Trade," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp336, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Richardson, Martin, 2002. "An elementary proposition concerning parallel imports," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 233-245, January.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 2003.
"Indicators of the relative importance of IPRs in developing countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1657-1680, October.
- Sanjaya Lall and Manuel Albaladejo, "undated". "Indicators of the Relative Importance of IPRs In Developing Countries," QEH Working Papers qehwps85, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Shabtai Donnenfeld & Shlomo Weber, 1995. "Limit Qualities and Entry Deterrence," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 26(1), pages 113-130, Spring.
- Avner Shaked & John Sutton, 1982. "Relaxing Price Competition Through Product Differentiation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(1), pages 3-13.
- Richard Gilbert & Carl Shapiro, 1990. "Optimal Patent Length and Breadth," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 21(1), pages 106-112, Spring.
- repec:wsi:serxxx:v:53:y:2008:i:01:n:s0217590808002847 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPatent protection; TRIPS; innovation; imitation; Parallel Imports; Pharmaceuticals;
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-INO-2009-10-24 (Innovation)
- NEP-IPR-2009-10-24 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-MIC-2009-10-24 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-REG-2009-10-24 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ukc:ukcedp:0919. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tracey Girling). General contact details of provider: http://www.kent.ac.uk/economics/ .