The Effect of Nuisance Parameters on the Power of LM Tests in Logit and Probit Models
In econometrics, most null hypotheses are composite, dividing the parameters into parameters of interest and nuisance parameters. The domain of the nuisance parameters can influence the size-corrected critical value and hence the power of a test. We show that the domain of the nuisance parameters determines which version of the LM test to use in logit and probit models.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1996|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: University of Iowa, Department of Economics, Henry B. Tippie College of Business, Iowa City, Iowa 52242|
Phone: (319) 335-0829
Fax: (319) 335-1956
Web page: http://tippie.uiowa.edu/economics/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dagenais, Marcel G & Dufour, Jean-Marie, 1991.
"Invariance, Nonlinear Models, and Asymptotic Tests,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1601-1615, November.
- Dagenais, M.G. & Dufour, J.M., 1987. "Invariance, Nonlinear Models and Asymptotic Tests," Cahiers de recherche 8738, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1984. "Convenient specification tests for logit and probit models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 241-262, July.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1982. "Convenient Specification Tests for Logit and Probit Models," Working Papers 514, Queen's University, Department of Economics.