A simple explanation for the non-invariance of a Wald statistic to a reformulation of a null hypothesis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Critchley, Frank & Marriott, Paul & Salmon, Mark, 1996. "On the Differential Geometry of the Wald Test with Nonlinear Restrictions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(5), pages 1213-1222, September.
- Phillips, Peter C B & Park, Joon Y, 1988.
"On the Formulation of Wald Tests of Nonlinear Restrictions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 56(5), pages 1065-1083, September.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Joon Y. Park, 1986. "On the Formulation of Wald Tests of Nonlinear Restrictions," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 801, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Dagenais, Marcel G & Dufour, Jean-Marie, 1991. "Invariance, Nonlinear Models, and Asymptotic Tests," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1601-1615, November.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Kemp, Gordon C. R., 2001. "Invariance and the Wald test," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 209-217, September.
- Lafontaine, Francine & White, Kenneth J., 1986. "Obtaining any Wald statistic you want," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 35-40.
- Dastoor, Naorayex K., 2003. "The equality of comparable extended families of classical-type and Hausman-type statistics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 313-330, December.
- Gourieroux, C. & Monfort, A., 1989. "A General Framework for Testing a Null Hypothesis in a “Mixed” Form," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(01), pages 63-82, April.
- Gregory, Allan W & Veall, Michael R, 1985. "Formulating Wald Tests of Nonlinear Restrictions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1465-1468, November.
More about this item
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-08c10010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.