A General Framework for Testing a Null Hypothesis in a “Mixed” Form
A general framework for asymptotic tests is proposed. The framework contains as particular cases tests based on various estimation techniques: maximum likelihood methods, pseudo-maximum likelihood (PML) methods and quasi-generalized PML methods, m -estimation methods, moments or generalized moments method, and asymptotic least squares. Moreover the null hypothesis has a general mixed form, including the usual implicit and explicit form.
Volume (Year): 5 (1989)
Issue (Month): 01 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cambridge University Press, UPH, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 8BS UK|
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECT
- Ronchetti, Elvezio & Trojani, Fabio, 2001. "Robust inference with GMM estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 37-69, March.
- Smith, Richard J., 2011.
"Gel Criteria For Moment Condition Models,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(06), pages 1192-1235, December.
- Richard Smith, 2004. "GEL Criteria for Moment Condition Models," CeMMAP working papers CWP19/04, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Sun, Hang, 2016. "Crisis-Contingent Dynamics of Connectedness: An SVAR-Spatial-Network “Tripod” Model with Thresholds," Research Memorandum 032, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- Dastoor, Naorayex K., 2003. "A score-type and a Hausman-type statistic based on nonsingular generalized inverses," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 395-401, December.
- Emmanuelle Clément & Christian Gourieroux & Alain Monfort, 1995. "Linear Factor Models and the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 40, pages 37-65.
- Naorayex K Dastoor, 2008. "A simple explanation for the non-invariance of a Wald statistic to a reformulation of a null hypothesis," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(62), pages 1-10.
- Gourieroux, C. & Monfort, A., 2005. "The econometrics of efficient portfolios," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-41, January.
- Ramdan Dridi, 2000. "Simulated Asymptotic Least Squares Theory," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series 396, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Mancini, Loriano & Ronchetti, Elvezio & Trojani, Fabio, 2005. "Optimal Conditionally Unbiased Bounded-Influence Inference in Dynamic Location and Scale Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 628-641, June.
- Loriano Mancini & Elvezio Ronchetti & Fabio Trojani, 2004. "Optimal Conditionally Unbiased Bounded-Influence Inference in Dynamic Location and Scale Models," Research Papers by the Institute of Economics and Econometrics, Geneva School of Economics and Management, University of Geneva 2004.04, Institut d'Economie et Econométrie, Université de Genève.
- Loriano Mancini & Elvezio Ronchetti & Fabio Trojani, 2005. "Optimal Conditionally Unbiased Bounded-Influence Inference in Dynamic Location and Scale Models," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2005 2005-01, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2008:i:62:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chambers, Marcus J., 1998. "The estimation of systems of joint differential-difference equations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 1-31, July.
- Chambers, Marcus J, 1995. "The Estimation of Systems of Joint Differential-Difference Equations," Economics Discussion Papers 2764, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Jean-Marie Dufour & Alain Trognon & Purevdorj Tuvaandorj, 2017. "Invariant tests based on M -estimators, estimating functions, and the generalized method of moments," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1-3), pages 182-204, March.
- Jean-Marie Dufour & Alain Trognon, 2000. "Invariant Tests Based on M-Estimators, Estimating Functions and the Generalized Method of Moments," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1420, Econometric Society.
- Jean-Marie Dufour & Alain Trognon & Purevdorj Tuvaandorj, 2015. "Invariant tests based on M-estimators, estimating functions, and the generalized method of moments," CIRANO Working Papers 2015s-27, CIRANO.
- Gourieroux, C. & Jouneau, F., 1999. "Econometrics of efficient fitted portfolios," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 87-118, January.
- Dastoor, Naorayex K., 2003. "The equality of comparable extended families of classical-type and Hausman-type statistics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 313-330, December.
- Gouriéroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain, 1997. "Modèles de comptage semi-paramétriques," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 73(1), pages 525-550, mars-juin.
- Christian Gourieroux & Alain Monfort, 1997. "Modèles de comptage semi-paramétriques," Working Papers 97-34, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Dastoor, Naorayex, 2009. "The perceived framework of a classical statistic: Is the non-invariance of a Wald statistic much ado about null thing?," Working Papers 2009-25, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Ramdan Dridi, 2000. "Simulated asymptotic least squares theory," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6861, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:etheor:v:5:y:1989:i:01:p:63-82_01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed