Racial Inequality in the Uruguayan Labor Market:An analysis of wage differentials between Afrodescendants and whites
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward Telles & Nelson Lim, 1998. "Does it matter who answers the race question? Racial classification and income inequality in Brazil," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 35(4), pages 465-474, November.
- Krishna Pendakur & Ravi Pendakur, 2007. "Minority Earnings Disparity Across the Distribution," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 33(1), pages 41-62, March.
- Sara Rica & Juan Dolado & Vanesa Llorens, 2008.
"Ceilings or floors? Gender wage gaps by education in Spain,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 21(3), pages 751-776, July.
- Sara Rica & Juan Dolado & Vanesa Llorens, 2008. "Ceilings or floors? Gender wage gaps by education in Spain," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 21(3), pages 777-778, July.
- Gad Levanon & Yaron Raviv, 2007.
"Decomposing Wage Gaps between Ethnic Groups: The Case of Israel,"
Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 1066-1087, April.
- Gad Levanon & Yaron Raviv, 2003. "Decomposing Wage Gaps Between Ethnic Groups: The Case of Israel," Working Papers 855, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Neuman, Shoshana & Oaxaca, Ronald L, 1998. "Estimating Labour Market Discrimination with Selectivity Corrected Wage Equations: Methodological Considerations and an Illustration from Israel," CEPR Discussion Papers 1915, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Omar Arias & Gustavo Yamada & Luis Tejerina, 2004. "Education, Family Backgrounds and Racial Earnings Inequality in Brazil," Working Papers 04-04, Centro de InvestigaciÃ³n, Universidad del PacÃfico, revised 2004.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Florencia Amábile & Marisa Bucheli & Máximo Rossi, 2014.
"Inequality and Poverty in Uruguay by Race: the Impact of Fiscal Policies,"
Commitment to Equity (CEQ) Working Paper Series
19, Tulane University, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2015.
- Florencia Amábile & Marisa Bucheli & Máximo Rossi, 2014. "Inequality and Poverty in Uruguay by Race: the Impact of Fiscal Policies," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0214, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Gustavo A. García, 2017.
"Labor Informality: Choice or Sign of Segmentation? A Quantile Regression Approach at the Regional Level for Colombia,"
Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(4), pages 985-1017, November.
- Gustavo A. Garcia, 2014. "Labor Informality: Choice or Sign of Segmentation? A Quantile Regression Approach at the Regional Lvel for Colombia," Archivos de Economía 011213, Departamento Nacional de Planeación.
- Garcia Cruz, Gustavo Adolfo, 2014. "Labor Informality: Choice or Sign of Segmentation? A Quantile Regression Approach at the Regional Level for Colombia," MPRA Paper 55224, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bilver Adrian Astorquiza Bustos, 2015. "¿Coexisten los fenómenos de discriminación salarial y segmentación ocupacional hacia las minorías étnico-raciales residentes en Santiago de Cali?," Revista de Economía del Caribe 014778, Universidad del Norte.
- Leda M. Pérez & Pedro Llanos Paredes, 2015. "¿Al fondo del escalafón?: un estado de la cuestión sobre el trabajo doméstico remunerado en el Perú," Working Papers 15-01, Centro de Investigación, Universidad del Pacífico.
More about this item
Keywordsrace; discrimination; wage inequality; Uruguay;
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ude:wpaper:1508. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andrea Doneschi) or (Romina Quagliotti). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/derauuy.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.