On changes in general trust in Europe
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gustavsson, Magnus & Jordahl, Henrik, 2008.
"Inequality and trust in Sweden: Some inequalities are more harmful than others,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(1-2), pages 348-365, February.
- Gustavsson, Magnus & Jordahl, Henrik, 2006. "Inequality and Trust in Sweden: Some Inequalities are More Harmful than Others," Working Paper Series 673, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Gustavsson, Magnus & Jordahl, Henrik, 2006. "Inequality and Trust in Sweden: Some Inequalities are More Harmful than Others," Ratio Working Papers 106, The Ratio Institute.
- Zak, Paul J & Knack, Stephen, 2001. "Trust and Growth," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(470), pages 295-321, April.
- Andrew Leigh, 2006. "Trust, Inequality and Ethnic Heterogeneity," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(258), pages 268-280, September.
- Justina A.V. Fischer & Benno Torgler, 2013.
"Do Positional Concerns Destroy Social Capital: Evidence From 26 Countries,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 51(2), pages 1542-1565, April.
- Justina A V Fischer & Benno Torgler, 2011. "Do Positional Concerns Destroy Social Capital: Evidence from 26 Countries," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 265, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Fischer, Justina A.V. & Torgler, Benno, 2011. "Do Positional Concerns Destroy Social Capital: Evidence from 26 Countries," MPRA Paper 28650, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1997. "Does Social Capital Have an Economic Payoff? A Cross-Country Investigation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1251-1288.
- Niclas Berggren & Henrik Jordahl, 2006.
"Free to Trust: Economic Freedom and Social Capital,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(2), pages 141-169, May.
- Berggren, Niclas & Jordahl, Henrik, 2005. "Free to Trust? Economic Freedom and Social Capital," Ratio Working Papers 64, The Ratio Institute.
- Berggren, Niclas & Jordahl, Henrik, 2005. "Free to Trust? Economic Freedom and Social Capital," Working Paper Series 2005:2, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Alesina, Alberto & La Ferrara, Eliana, 2002. "Who trusts others?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 207-234, August.
- Leigh, Andrew, 2006. "Does equality lead to fraternity?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 121-125, October.
- Christian Bjørnskov, 2007. "Determinants of generalized trust: A cross-country comparison," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 130(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Sander Steijn & Bram Lancee, 2011. "GINI DP 20: Does Income Inequality Negatively Affect General Trust? Examining three potential problems with the inequality-trust hypothesis," GINI Discussion Papers 20, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- Steven N. Durlauf, 2002. "On the Empirics of Social Capital," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 459-479, November.
- Sjoerd Beugelsdijk & Henri L.F. de Groot & Anton B.T.M. van Schaik, 2004. "Trust and economic growth: a robustness analysis," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(1), pages 118-134, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsTrust; Income Inequality; Europe; Social Attitudes;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-02-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2013-02-03 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-EVO-2013-02-03 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2013-02-03 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucd:wpaper:201301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Geary Tech). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/geucdie.html .