Do the Vietnamese support Doi Moi?
Each reform implies social and economic changes. After experiencing war and reunification, today Vietnam is implementing a comprehensive and deep process of renovation (doi moi), but a revolution needs the support of the population to be successful. This paper investigates whether the Vietnamese are supportive of some of the main features of a market economy. In particular the preferences for competition, ownership of firms (either private or public) and income inequality as an incentive to productivity are studied here. The data allow to conclude that the doi moi is not at risk, but the population tend to contrast income inequality.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Orazem, Peter & Vodopivec, Milan, 1995.
"Winners and Losers in Transition: Returns to Education, Experience, and Gender in Slovenia,"
Staff General Research Papers
5270, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Orazem, Peter F & Vodopivec, Milan, 1995. "Winners and Losers in Transition: Returns to Education, Experience, and Gender in Slovenia," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(2), pages 201-30, May.
- Orazem, Peter F. & Vodopivec, Milan, 1994. "Winners and losers in transition : returns to education, experience, and gender in Slovenia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1342, The World Bank.
- Bernd Hayo, 2000.
"Micro and Macro Determinants of Public Support for Market Reforms in Eastern Europe,"
Development and Comp Systems
- Hayo, Bernd, 1999. "Micro and macro determinants of public support for market reforms in Eastern Europe," ZEI Working Papers B 25-1999, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Gérard Roland, 2002. "The Political Economy of Transition," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 29-50, Winter.
- Moock, Peter R. & Patrinos, Harry Anthony & Venkataraman, Meera, 2003. "Education and earnings in a transition economy: the case of Vietnam," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 503-510, October.
- Brainerd, Elizabeth, 1998. "Winners and Losers in Russia's Economic Transition," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(5), pages 1094-1116, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uca:ucapdv:151. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucia Padovani)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.