Entrepreneurship, creative industries and regional dynamics in Spain
Depending on the country or region, the amount of entrepreneurial activity differs greatly. In order to appreciate these differences, a general supply and demand scheme has been suggested (Verkeul et al. 2001) to measure the rate of entrepreneurship of an economy in the long term. This rate can be seen to depend on the level of development (Belso, 2004), the economic growth (Audretsch et al., 2002) and the unemployment rate (Thurik and Verheul, 2002). However, the degree of competitive creativity linked to the entrepreneurial activity in its early, commencing and establishing stages, particularly from a regional perspective, is not so well known. This is calculated using various indicators based on entrepreneurial decisions derived from the timing, sector and location opportunity when starting a business (GEM, 2006), as well as others that assess the commitment to innovation in dynamic markets generating emerging products. This paper analyses entrepreneurial activity from this completely new perspective, applying this to the Spanish regions (NUTS-3), with the intention of providing some useful results for research in this area.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (00 34) 91 885 52 25
Fax: (00 34) 91 885 52 11
Web page: http://www.iaes.esEmail:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schmitz, James A, Jr, 1989. "Imitation, Entrepreneurship, and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(3), pages 721-39, June.
- Stuart, Robert W. & Abetti, Pier A., 1990. "Impact of entrepreneurial and management experience on early performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 151-162, May.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:20070080 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kanniainen, Vesa & Vesala, Timo, 2005. "Entrepreneurship and labor market institutions," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 828-847, September.
- Wennekers, Sander & Thurik, Roy, 1999. " Linking Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 27-55, August.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:20000001 is not listed on IDEAS
- Federico Pablo MartÌ, 2004. "Promoting the Entry of New Firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 22(3_4), pages 209-221, 04.
- Nijkamp, Peter, 2000.
"Entrepreneurship in a modern network economy,"
Serie Research Memoranda
0042, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Nijkamp, Peter, 2000. "Entrepreneurship in a modern network economy," Serie Research Memoranda 0042, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uae:wpaper:0608. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laura Suarez)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.