The Dynamics of Financial Crises and the Risk to Defend the Exchange Rate
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jürgen Von Hagen & Tai-Kuang Ho, 2007.
"Money Market Pressure and the Determinants of Banking Crises,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 39(5), pages 1037-1066, August.
- von Hagen, Jürgen & Ho, Tai-kuang, 2004. "Money market pressure and the determinants of baning crises," ZEI Working Papers B 20-2004, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Ho, Tai-Kuang & von Hagen, Jürgen, 2004. "Money Market Pressure and the Determinants of Banking Crises," CEPR Discussion Papers 4651, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bauer, Christian & Herz, Bernhard & Karb, Volker, 2007.
"Are twin currency and debt crises special?,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 59-84, April.
- Christian Bauer & Bernhard Herz & Volker Karb, 2006. "Are twin currency and debt crises special?," Working Papers 019, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Herz, Bernhard & Bauer, Christian & Karb, Volker, 2006. "Are twin currency and debt crises special?," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2006 11, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Christophe Chamley, 2003. "Dynamic Speculative Attacks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(3), pages 603-621, June.
- George-Marios Angeletos & Alessandro Pavan & Christian Hellwig, 2007. "Defense Policies Against Currency Attacks: on the Possibility of Predictions in a Global Game with Multiple Equilibria," Discussion Papers 1459, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Morris, Stephen & Shin, Hyun Song, 2004.
"Coordination risk and the price of debt,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 133-153, February.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 1999. "Coordination Risk and the Price of Debt," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1241R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Feb 2002.
- Morris, Stephen & Shin, Hyun Song, 2001. "Coordination risk and the price of debt," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 25046, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Hyun Song Shin & Stephen Morris, 2001. "Coordination Risk and the Price of Debt," FMG Discussion Papers dp373, Financial Markets Group.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 1999. "Coordination Risk and the Price of Debt," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1241, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Krugman, Paul, 1979. "A Model of Balance-of-Payments Crises," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 11(3), pages 311-325, August.
- Aaron Tornell & Frank Westermann (ed.), 2005. "Boom-Bust Cycles and Financial Liberalization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 9780262201599, January.
- Robin Pope & Reinhard Selten & Sebastian Kube & Johannes Kaiser & JÃ¼rgen von Hagen, 2007.
"Exchange Rate Determination: A Model of the Decisive Role of Central Bank Cooperation and Conflict,"
Bonn Econ Discussion Papers
bgse19_2007, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Robin Pope & Reinhard Selten & Sebastian Kube & Johannes Kaiser & JÃ¼rgen von Hagen, 2007. "Exchange Rate Determination: A Model of the Decisive Role of Central Bank Cooperation and Conflict," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse18_2007, University of Bonn, Germany.
- George-Marios Angeletos & Christian Hellwig & Alessandro Pavan, 2007. "Dynamic Global Games of Regime Change: Learning, Multiplicity, and the Timing of Attacks," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(3), pages 711-756, May.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Rose, Andrew K., 1996.
"Currency crashes in emerging markets: An empirical treatment,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3-4), pages 351-366, November.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 1996. "Currency crashes in emerging markets: an empirical treatment," International Finance Discussion Papers 534, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Lars E. O. Svensson, 2006. "Social Value of Public Information: Comment: Morris and Shin (2002) Is Actually Pro-Transparency, Not Con," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(1), pages 448-452, March.
- M. Sbracia & Alessandro Prati, 2002.
"Currency Crises and Uncertainty About Fundamentals,"
IMF Working Papers
02/3, International Monetary Fund.
- Alessandro Prati & Massimo Sbracia, 2002. "Currency crises and uncertainty about fundamentals," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 446, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Flood, Robert P. & Garber, Peter M., 1984. "Collapsing exchange-rate regimes : Some linear examples," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 1-13, August.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1994. "The Logic of Currency Crises," NBER Working Papers 4640, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 2002. "Social Value of Public Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1521-1534, December.
- Frank Heinemann & Rosemarie Nagel & Peter Ockenfels, 2004. "The Theory of Global Games on Test: Experimental Analysis of Coordination Games with Public and Private Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(5), pages 1583-1599, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian Bauer & Philip Ernstberger, 2014. "The Dynamics of Currency Crises---Results from Intertemporal Optimization and Viscosity Solutions," Research Papers in Economics 2014-06, University of Trier, Department of Economics.
- Bauer, Christian & Ernstberger, Philip, 2014. "The Dynamics of Currency Crises - Results from Intertemporal Optimization and Viscosity Solutions," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100300, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
More about this item
Keywordscurrency crises; monetary policy; global game; imperfect information;
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:trr:wpaper:200903. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthias Neuenkirch) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/petride.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.