The Tobin Tax in a Continuous-time Non-linear Dynamic Model of the Exchange rate
Starting from a new continuous-time non-linear dynamic model of the exchange rate, we formally show that the introduction of a Tobin tax reduces speculators’ prot and inuences the dynamics of the system making it more stable and less prone to chaotic motion.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Inama 5, 38100 Trento|
Web page: http://www.assru.economia.unitn.it/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniela Federici & Giancarlo Gandolfo, 2011.
"The Euro/Dollar Exchange Rate: Chaotic or Non-Chaotic?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3420, CESifo Group Munich.
- Daniela Federici & Giancarlo Gandolfo, 2011. "The Euro/Dollar Exchange Rate: Chaotic or Non-Chaotic?," DEGIT Conference Papers c016_035, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Belloc Marianna & Federici Daniela & Gandolfo Giancarlo, 2008. "The Euro/Dollar Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate: A Continuous Time Approach," Economia politica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 243-264.
- Stein, Jerome L., 1990. "The real exchange rate," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 1045-1078, November.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1996.
"How Well do Foreign Exchange Markets Function: Might a Tobin Tax Help?,"
NBER Working Papers
5422, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey, 1995. "How Well Do Foreign Exchange Markets Function: Might a Tobin Tax Help?," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers 233420, University of California-Berkeley, Department of Economics.
- Jeffrey Frankel., 1995. "How Well Do Foreign Exchange Markets Function: Might a Tobin Tax Help?," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C95-058, University of California at Berkeley.
- James Tobin, 1978.
"A Proposal for International Monetary Reform,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 4(3-4), pages 153-159, Jul/Oct.
- Marianna Belloc & Daniela Federici, 2008.
"A Two-Country NATREX Model for the Euro/Dollar,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2290, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jerome L. Stein, 2002. "Enlargement and the Value of the Euro," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(4), pages 462-479, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:trn:utwpas:1221. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.