Negishi's Theorem and Method
Takashi Negishi's remarkable youthful contribution to welfare economics, general equilibrium theory and, with the benefit of hindsight, also to one strand of computable general equilibrium theory, all within the span of six pages in one article, has become one of the modern classics of general equilibrium theory and mathematical economics. Negishi's celebrated theorem and what has been called Negishi's Method have formed one foundation for computable general equilibrium theory. In this paper I investigate the computable and constructive aspects of the theorem and the method
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.assru.economia.unitn.it/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herbert E. Scarf, 1977.
"The Computation of Equilibrium Prices: An Exposition,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
473, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Scarf, Herbert E., 1993. "The computation of equilibrium prices: An exposition," Handbook of Mathematical Economics, in: K. J. Arrow & M.D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 4, volume 2, chapter 21, pages 1007-1061 Elsevier.
- K. Vela Velupillai, 2011.
"Towards An Algorithmic Revolution In Economic Theory,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3), pages 401-430, 07.
- K. Vela Velupillai, 2011. "Towards an Algorithmic Revolution in Economic Theory," ASSRU Discussion Papers 1105, ASSRU - Algorithmic Social Science Research Unit.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521266550 is not listed on IDEAS
- K. Vela Velupillai, 2005.
"The foundations of computable general equilibrium theory,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
0513, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- K. Vela Velupillai, 2005. "The Foundations of Computable General EquilibriumTheory," Working Papers 0093, National University of Ireland Galway, Department of Economics, revised 2005.
- Takashi Negishi, 2008. "Unnoticed predecessors of the early Negishi theorems," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 4(2), pages 167-173.
- Debreu, Gerard, 1984.
"Economic Theory in the Mathematical Mode,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 267-78, June.
- K. Vela Velupillai, 2008. "Uncomputability and Undecidability in Economic Theory," Department of Economics Working Papers 0806, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:trn:utwpas:1129. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.