Updates to Household Inflation Expectations: Signal or Noise?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kajal Lahiri & Yongchen Zhao, 2016.
"Determinants of Consumer Sentiment Over Business Cycles: Evidence from the US Surveys of Consumers,"
Journal of Business Cycle Research,
Springer;Centre for International Research on Economic Tendency Surveys (CIRET), vol. 12(2), pages 187-215, December.
- Kajal Lahiri & Yongchen Zhao, 2016. "Determinants of Consumer Sentiment over Business Cycles: Evidence from the U.S. Surveys of Consumers," Working Papers 2016-14, Towson University, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2016.
- repec:eee:jmacro:v:58:y:2018:i:c:p:1-18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nordhaus, William D, 1987. "Forecasting Efficiency: Concepts and Applications," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(4), pages 667-674, November.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:161:y:2017:i:c:p:112-115 is not listed on IDEAS
- Damjan Pfajfar & Emiliano Santoro, 2013.
"News on Inflation and the Epidemiology of Inflation Expectations,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(6), pages 1045-1067, September.
- Pfajfar, D. & Santoro, E., 2012. "News on Inflation and the Epidemiology of Inflation Expectations," Discussion Paper 2012-048, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsInflation expectations; revisions to expectations; household surveys; rational inattention.;
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- D84 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Expectations; Speculations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2019-05-20 (Business Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2019-05-20 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2019-05-20 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-ORE-2019-05-20 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tow:wpaper:2019-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Juergen Jung). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/detowus.html .