Testing for Volatility Co-movement in Bivariate Stochastic Volatility Models
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Chen, J. & Kobayashi, M. & McAleer, M.J., 2017. "Testing for Volatility Co-movement in Bivariate Stochastic Volatility Models," Econometric Institute Research Papers TI 2017-022/III, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Jinghui Chen & Masahito Kobayashi & Michael McAleer, 2017. "Testing for volatility co-movement in bivariate stochastic volatility models," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2017-10, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
References listed on IDEAS
- Masaru Chiba & Masahito Kobayashi, 2013. "Testing for a Single-Factor Stochastic Volatility in Bivariate Series," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(1), pages 1-31, December.
- Manabu Asai & Michael McAleer & Jun Yu, 2006. "Multivariate Stochastic Volatility: A Review," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(2-3), pages 145-175.
- Tauchen, George E & Pitts, Mark, 1983. "The Price Variability-Volume Relationship on Speculative Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 485-505, March.
- Fleming, Jeff & Kirby, Chris & Ostdiek, Barbara, 1998. "Information and volatility linkages in the stock, bond, and money markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 111-137, July.
- Andrew Harvey & Esther Ruiz & Neil Shephard, 1994. "Multivariate Stochastic Variance Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(2), pages 247-264.
- Engle, Robert F & Kozicki, Sharon, 1993. "Testing for Common Features," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(4), pages 369-380, October.
- Engle, Robert F & Susmel, Raul, 1993. "Common Volatility in International Equity Markets," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(2), pages 167-176, April.
- Chesher, Andrew D, 1984. "Testing for Neglected Heterogeneity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(4), pages 865-872, July.
- Engle, Robert F & Kozicki, Sharon, 1993. "Testing for Common Features: Reply," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(4), pages 393-395, October.
- Watanabe, Toshiaki, 1999. "A Non-linear Filtering Approach to Stochastic Volatility Models with an Application to Daily Stock Returns," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(2), pages 101-121, March-Apr.
- Kristin J. Forbes & Roberto Rigobon, 2002.
"No Contagion, Only Interdependence: Measuring Stock Market Comovements,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(5), pages 2223-2261, October.
- Kristin Forbes & Roberto Rigobon, 1999. "No Contagion, Only Interdependence: Measuring Stock Market Co-movements," NBER Working Papers 7267, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Cipollini, A. & Kapetanios, G., 2008.
"A stochastic variance factor model for large datasets and an application to S&P data,"
Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 130-134, July.
- Andrea Cipollini & George Kapetanios, 2004. "A Stochastic Variance Factor Model for Large Datasets and an Application to S&P Data," Working Papers 506, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Stock J.H. & Watson M.W., 2002. "Forecasting Using Principal Components From a Large Number of Predictors," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 1167-1179, December.
More about this item
KeywordsLagrange multiplier test; Volatility co-movement; Stock markets; Exchange rate Markets; Financial crisis;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-02-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-ETS-2017-02-19 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-ORE-2017-02-19 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tin:wpaper:20170022. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tinbergen Office +31 (0)10-4088900). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tinbenl.html .