The Economics of First-Contract Mediation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Horn, Henrik & Wolinsky, Asher, 1988. "Worker Substitutability and Patterns of Unionisation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(391), pages 484-497, June.
- Ken Binmore & Ariel Rubinstein & Asher Wolinsky, 1986. "The Nash Bargaining Solution in Economic Modelling," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(2), pages 176-188, Summer.
- Catherine C. de Fontenay & Joshua S. Gans, 2003. "Organizational Design and Technology Choice under Intrafirm Bargaining: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 448-455, March.
- Nickell, S J & Andrews, M, 1983. "Unions, Real Wages and Employment in Britain 1951-79," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(0), pages 183-206, Supplemen.
- Dale T. Mortensen, 2009. "Wage Dispersion in the Search and Matching Model with Intra-Firm Bargaining," NBER Working Papers 15033, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Westermark, Andreas, 2003. "Bargaining, binding contracts, and competitive wages," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 296-311, May.
- Elhanan Helpman & Oleg Itskhoki & Stephen Redding, 2008. "Wages, Unemployment and Inequality with Heterogeneous Firms and Workers," NBER Working Papers 14122, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bauer, Christian & Lingens, Jörg, 2010. "Individual vs. Collective Bargaining in the Large Firm Search Model," Discussion Papers in Economics 11315, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- William N. Cooke, 1985. "The Failure to Negotiate First Contracts: Determinants and Policy Implications," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 38(2), pages 163-178, January.
More about this item
KeywordsBC first-contract model; mediation; collective bargaining; union; non-binding contract;
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- K12 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Contract Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tin:wpaper:20130096. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tinbergen Office +31 (0)10-4088900). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tinbenl.html .