Is off-farm income driving on-farm investment?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker, 1981. "A Treatise on the Family," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number beck81-1, June.
- Thomas Reardon & Eric Crawford & Valerie Kelly, 1994.
"Links Between Nonfarm Income and Farm Investment in African Households: Adding the Capital Market Perspective,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(5), pages 1172-1176.
- Reardon, Thomas A. & Crawford, Eric W. & Kelly, Valerie, 1994. "Links Between Nonfarm Income and Farm Investment in African Households: Adding the Capital Market Perspective," Staff Papers 201191, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Reardon, Thomas, 1997. "Using evidence of household income diversification to inform study of the rural nonfarm labor market in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 735-747, May.
- Christoph R. Weiss, 1999. "Farm Growth and Survival: Econometric Evidence for Individual Farms in Upper Austria," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(1), pages 103-116.
- Gary S. Becker & Nigel Tomes, 1994.
"Human Capital and the Rise and Fall of Families,"
NBER Chapters,in: Human Capital: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis with Special Reference to Education (3rd Edition), pages 257-298
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary S. Becker & Nigel Tomes, "undated". "Human Capital and the Rise and Fall of Families," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 84-10, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Sckokai, Paolo & Moro, Daniele, 2002. "Modelling The Cap Arable Crop Regime Under Uncertainty," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19860, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Michael T. Wallace & Joan E. Moss, 2002. "Farmer Decision-Making with Conflicting Goals: A Recursive Strategic Programming Analysis," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1), pages 82-100.
- Serra, Teresa & Goodwin, Barry K. & Featherstone, Allen M., 2004. "Determinants Of Investments In Non-Farm Assets By Farm Households," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20329, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ahituv, Avner & Kimhi, Ayal, 2002. "Off-farm work and capital accumulation decisions of farmers over the life-cycle: the role of heterogeneity and state dependence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 329-353, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Williams, John & McSweeney, Peter & Salmon, Robert, 2014. "Australian Farm Investment: Domestic and Overseas Issues," Australasian Agribusiness Perspectives 234408, University of Melbourne, Melbourne School of Land and Environment.
- Sarah, Alobo, 2009. "Value and Premium for Titled Agricultural Land in Uganda," Research Theses 243467, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tea:wpaper:0704. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John Lennon). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/reteaie.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.