The WTO agricultural trade negotiations after Seattle
The WTO Ministerial Conference meeting in Seattle, USA in November/December 1999 failed to launch a further round of trade negotiations. However, negotiations on further liberalisation of agricultural trade were mandated in the Uruguay Round Agreement on Agriculture and must still be anticipated. This paper reviews the issues which the agricultural negotiators will grapple with under the headings of market access, export subsidies and domestic supports as well as some more generic negotiating issues of relevance to agricultural trade.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (+ 353 1) 6081325
Web page: http://www.tcd.ie/Economics/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hathaway, Dale E., 1999. "United States of America perspective: getting ready for the Millenium Round trade negotiations," 2020 vision briefs 1(7), International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Swinbank, Alan, 1999. "CAP Reform and the WTO: Compatibility and Developments," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 26(3), pages 389-407, August.
- Josling, Tim & Tangermann, Stefan, 1999. "Implementation of the WTO Agreement on Agriculture and Developments for the Next Round of Negotiations," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 26(3), pages 371-88, August.
- Stefan Tangermann, 1996. "Implementation Of The Uruguay Round Agreement On Agriculture: Issues And Prospects," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1-4), pages 315-337.
- Timothy E. Josling, 1998. "Agricultural Trade Policy: Completing the Reform," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa53, March.
- K.A. Ingersent & A.J. Rayner & R.C. Hine, 1995. "Ex-Post Evaluation of the Uruguay Round Agriculture Agreement," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(5), pages 707-728, 09.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tcd:tcduee:20005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patricia Hughes)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.