Why define markets in competition cases?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- N.m. Theron & W.h. Boshoff, 2006. "Vertical Integration In South African Telecommunications: A Competition Analysis," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 74(3), pages 575-592, September.
- Damien J. Neven, 2006. "Competition economics and antitrust in Europe," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 21(48), pages 741-791, October.
- Blair, Roger D. & Kaserman, David L., 2009. "Antitrust Economics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780195135350.
- Willem h. Boshoff, 2007. "Stationarity Tests In Geographic Markets: An Application To South African Milk Markets," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 75(1), pages 52-65, March.
- Oliver Budzinski, 2008.
"Monoculture versus diversity in competition economics,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 32(2), pages 295-324, March.
- Budzinski, Oliver, 2007. "Monoculture versus diversity in competition economics," IBES Diskussionsbeiträge 158, University of Duisburg-Essen, Institute of Business and Economic Studie (IBES).
- Johannes Fedderke & Dietmar Naumann, 2011.
"An analysis of industry concentration in South African manufacturing, 1972-2001,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(22), pages 2919-2939.
- Johannes Fedderke & Dietmar Naumann, 2005. "An Analysis of Industry Concentration in South African Manufacturing, 1972-2001," Working Papers 26, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Hendry, David F., 1995. "Dynamic Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198283164.
- Stan du Plessis, 2007. "Two optimistic traditions in the dismal science: rationalism and the "invisible hand"," Working Papers 07/2007, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Stan du Plessis & Nico Katzke & Evan Gilbert & Chris Hart, 2015. "Mark-ups and competition: a comparison of the profitability of listed South African industrial companies," Working Papers 02/2015, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nica, Maria, 2017. "Analysis of competitiveness on the market of milk and dairy products in Romania," MPRA Paper 85204, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsmarket; market definition; market share; substitutability; price elasticity; antitrust; competition policy; mergers; monopolization;
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L40 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - General
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
- K21 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Antitrust Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2013-06-04 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-HME-2013-06-04 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-IND-2013-06-04 (Industrial Organization)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sza:wpaper:wpapers186. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Melt van Schoor). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desunza.html .