On the (non-)equivalence of capital adequacy and monetary policy: A response to Cechetti and Kohler
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gunnar Bårdsen & Kjersti-Gro Lindquist & Dimitrios P. Tsomocos, 2006.
"Evaluation of macroeconomic models for financial stability analysis,"
Working Paper Series
6806, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Gunnar Bårdsen & Kjersti-Gro Lindquist & Dimitrios P. Tsomocos, 2006. "Evaluation of macroeconomic models for financial stability analysis," Working Paper 2006/01, Norges Bank.
- Gunnar Bardsen & Kjersti-Gro Lindquist & Dimitrios P.Tsomocos, 2006. "Evaluation of macroeconomic models for financial stability analysis," OFRC Working Papers Series 2006fe01, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Stan du Plessis & Ben Smit & Federico Sturzenegger, 2007.
"Identifying aggregate supply and demand shocks in South Africa,"
11/2007, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Stan du Plessis & Ben Smit & Federico Sturzenegger, 2008. "Identifying Aggregate Supply and Demand Shocks in South Africa," CID Working Papers 164, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephen G. Cecchetti & Marion Kohler, 2014.
"When Capital Adequacy and Interest Rate Policy Are Substitutes (And When They Are Not),"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 10(3), pages 205-231, September.
- Stephen G Cecchetti & Marion Kohler, 2012. "When capital adequacy and interest rate policy are substitutes (and when they are not)," BIS Working Papers 379, Bank for International Settlements.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary policy; Instrument problem; Interest rates; Alternative monetary policy instruments; Balance sheet operations; Policy co-ordination;
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-03-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2011-03-26 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2011-03-26 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CMP-2011-03-26 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2011-03-26 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2011-03-26 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sza:wpaper:wpapers132. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Melt van Schoor). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desunza.html .