Modelling Scenario Analysis and Macro Stress-testing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Glenn Hoggarth & Steffen Sorensen & Lea Zicchino, 2005. "Stress tests of UK banks using a VAR approach," Bank of England working papers 282, Bank of England.
- Edward Altman & Andrea Resti & Andrea Sironi, 2004. "Default Recovery Rates in Credit Risk Modelling: A Review of the Literature and Empirical Evidence," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 33(2), pages 183-208, July.
- Jacob A. Bikker & Haixia Hu, 2002.
"Cyclical patterns in profits, provisioning and lending of banks and procyclicality of the new Basel capital requirements,"
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 55(221), pages 143-175.
- Jacob A. Bikker & Haixia Hu, 2002. "Cyclical patterns in profits, provisioning and lending of banks and procyclicality of the new Basel capital requirements," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 55(221), pages 143-175.
- J.A. Bikker & Haixia Hu, 2001. "Cyclical patterns in profits provisioning and lending of banks and procyclicality of the new basel capital requirements," Research Series Supervision (discontinued) 39, Netherlands Central Bank, Directorate Supervision.
- Gunnar Bardsen & Kjersti-Gro Lindquist & Dimitrios P.Tsomocos, 2006.
"Evaluation of macroeconomic models for financial stability analysis,"
OFRC Working Papers Series
2006fe01, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Gunnar Bårdsen & Kjersti-Gro Lindquist & Dimitrios P. Tsomocos, 2006. "Evaluation of macroeconomic models for financial stability analysis," Working Paper 2006/01, Norges Bank.
- Gunnar Bårdsen & Kjersti-Gro Lindquist & Dimitrios P. Tsomocos, 2006. "Evaluation of macroeconomic models for financial stability analysis," Working Paper Series 6806, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Paul Louis Ceriel Hilbers & Matthew T Jones & Graham L Slack, 2004. "Stress Testing Financial Systems; What to Do When the Governor Calls," IMF Working Papers 04/127, International Monetary Fund.
- Maria Soledad Martinez Peria & Giovanni Majnoni & Matthew T Jones & Winfrid Blaschke, 2001. "Stress Testing of Financial Systems; An Overview of Issues, Methodologies, and FSAP Experiences," IMF Working Papers 01/88, International Monetary Fund.
- Jon Frye, 2000. "Depressing recoveries," Emerging Issues, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Oct.
- Sorge, Marco & Virolainen, Kimmo, 2006. "A comparative analysis of macro stress-testing methodologies with application to Finland," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 113-151, June.
- Marco Sorge, 2004. "Stress-testing financial systems: an overview of current methodologies," BIS Working Papers 165, Bank for International Settlements.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sreejata Banerjee & Divya Murali, 2015. "Stress Test of Banks in India: A VAR Approach," Working Papers 2015-102, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Christoph Memmel, 2008.
"Which interest rate scenario is the worst one for a bank? Evidence from a tracking bank approach for German savings and cooperative banks,"
International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 85-104.
- Memmel, Christoph, 2008. "Which interest rate scenario is the worst one for a bank? Evidence from a tracking bank approach for German savings and cooperative banks," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2008,07, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Schechtman, Ricardo & Gaglianone, Wagner Piazza, 2012.
"Macro stress testing of credit risk focused on the tails,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 174-192.
- Ricardo Schechtman & Wagner Piazza Gaglianone, 2011. "Macro Stress Testing of Credit Risk Focused on the Tails," Working Papers Series 241, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Zuzana Fungacova & Petr Jakubik, 2013.
"Bank Stress Tests as an Information Device for Emerging Markets: The Case of Russia,"
Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver),
Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 63(1), pages 87-105, March.
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Jakubik, Petr, 2012. "Bank stress tests as an information device for emerging markets : The case of Russia," BOFIT Discussion Papers 3/2012, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Zuzana Fungáèová & Petr Jakubík, 2012. "Bank Stress Tests as an Information Device for Emerging Markets: The Case of Russia," Working Papers IES 2012/04, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Feb 2012.
- Antonella Foglia, 2009. "Stress Testing Credit Risk: A Survey of Authorities' Aproaches," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 5(3), pages 9-45, September.
- Gross, Marco & Población García, Francisco Javier, 2015. "A false sense of security in applying handpicked equations for stress test purposes," Working Paper Series 1845, European Central Bank.
- Vazquez, Francisco & Tabak, Benjamin M. & Souto, Marcos, 2012.
"A macro stress test model of credit risk for the Brazilian banking sector,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 69-83.
- Francisco Vazquez & Benjamin M. Tabak & Marcos Souto, 2010. "A Macro Stress Test Model of Credit Risk for the Brazilian Banking Sector," Working Papers Series 226, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Rasmus Kattai, 2010. "Credit risk model for the Estonian banking sector," Bank of Estonia Working Papers wp2010-01, Bank of Estonia, revised 04 Feb 2010.
- Pesola, Jarmo, 2011. "Joint effect of financial fragility and macroeconomic shocks on bank loan losses: Evidence from Europe," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 3134-3144, November.
More about this item
Keywordsbanking; financial stability; stress-tests; credit risk; interest rate risk;
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-12-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2006-12-16 (Banking)
- NEP-CMP-2006-12-16 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2006-12-16 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-RMG-2006-12-16 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dnb:dnbwpp:119. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rob Vet). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dnbgvnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.