Generic Determinacy of Nash Equilibrium in Network Formation Games
This paper shows that the set of probability distributions over networks induced by Nash equilibria of the network formation game proposed by Myerson (1991) is finite for a generic assignment of payoffs to networks. The same result can be extended to several variations of the game found in the literature.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Australian School of Business Building, Sydney 2052|
Fax: +61)-2- 9313- 6337
Web page: http://www.economics.unsw.edu.au/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Matthew O. Jackson & Asher Wolinsky, 1995.
"A Strategic Model of Social and Economic Networks,"
1098R, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Jackson, Matthew O. & Watts, Alison, 2002.
"The Evolution of Social and Economic Networks,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 265-295, October.
- Kreps, David M & Wilson, Robert, 1982.
Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 863-94, July.
- Park, I.U., 1993.
"Generic Finiteness of Equilibrium Outcome Distribution for Sender Receiver Cheap-Talk Games,"
269, Minnesota - Center for Economic Research.
- Park, In-Uck, 1997. "Generic Finiteness of Equilibrium Outcome Distributions for Sender-Receiver Cheap-Talk Games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 431-448, October.
- Antoni Calvó-Armengol & Rahmi Ilkiliç, 2005.
"Pairwise-Stability and Nash Equilibria in Network Formation,"
2005.34, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Antoni Calvó-Armengol & Rahmi İlkılıç, 2009. "Pairwise-stability and Nash equilibria in network formation," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 38(1), pages 51-79, March.
- Antoni Calvó-Armengol & Rahmi Ilkiliç, 2004. "Pairwise-Stability and Nash Equilibria in Network Formation," Working Papers 182, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Calvo-Armengol, Antoni, 2004. "Job contact networks," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 191-206, March.
- Govindan, S & McLennan, A, 1997.
"On the Generic Finiteness of Equilibrium Outcome Distributions in Game Forms,"
299, Minnesota - Center for Economic Research.
- Govindan, Srihari & McLennan, Andrew, 2001. "On the Generic Finiteness of Equilibrium Outcome Distributions in Game Forms," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(2), pages 455-71, March.
- Rachel E. Kranton & Deborah F. Minehart, 2001. "A Theory of Buyer-Seller Networks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(3), pages 485-508, June.
- Francesco De Sinopoli & Giovanna Iannantuoni, 2003.
"On the Generic Strategic Stability of Nash Equilibria if Voting is Costly,"
CEIS Research Paper
41, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Francesco Sinopoli & Giovanna Iannantuoni, 2005. "On the generic strategic stability of Nash equilibria if voting is costly," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 25(2), pages 477-486, 02.
- Iannantuoni, Giovanna & De Sinopoli, Francesco, 2002. "On the generic strategic stability of nash equilibria if voting is costly," UC3M Working papers. Economics we025620, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Matthew O. Jackson, 2003.
"A Survey of Models of Network Formation: Stability and Efficiency,"
Game Theory and Information
- Matthew O. Jackson, 2003. "A survey of models of network formation: Stability and efficiency," Working Papers 1161, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- De Sinopoli, Francesco, 2001.
"On the Generic Finiteness of Equilibrium Outcomes in Plurality Games,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 270-286, February.
- DE SINOPOLI, Francesco, . "On the generic finiteness of equilibrium outcomes in plurality games," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1499, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Lawrence E. Blume & William R. Zame, 1993.
"The Algebraic Geometry of Perfect and Sequential Equilibrium,"
Game Theory and Information
- Blume, Lawrence E & Zame, William R, 1994. "The Algebraic Geometry of Perfect and Sequential Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(4), pages 783-94, July.
- Venkatesh Bala & Sanjeev Goyal, 2000. "A Noncooperative Model of Network Formation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(5), pages 1181-1230, September.
- Marhuenda, Francisco & Litan, Cristian M. & Kukushkin, Nicolai S., 2007. "On the generic finiteness of outcome distributions for bimatrix game forms," UC3M Working papers. Economics we073520, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:swe:wpaper:2007-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gabriele Gratton)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.