Aggregation and Aggregation Biases in Production Functions: A Panel Data Analysis of Translog Models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Erik Biørn & Kjersti-Gro Lindquist & Terje Skjerpen, 2002.
"Heterogeneity in Returns to Scale: A Random Coefficient Analysis with Unbalanced Panel Data,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 39-57, July.
- Erik Biørn & Kjersti-Gro Lindquist & Terje Skjerpen, 2000. "Heterogeneity in Returns to Scale: A Random Coefficient Analysis with Unbalanced Panel Data," Discussion Papers 292, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Klette, Tor Jakob & Griliches, Zvi, 1996.
"The Inconsistency of Common Scale Estimators When Output Prices Are Unobserved and Endogenous,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(4), pages 343-361, July-Aug..
- Klette, T.J., 1992. "The Inconsistency of Common Scale Estimators when Output Prices are unobserved and Endogenous," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1586, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Tor Jakob Klette & Zvi Griliches, 1992. "The Inconsistency of Common Scale Estimators When Output Prices Are Unobserved and Engogenous," NBER Working Papers 4026, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tor Jakob Klette & Zvi Griliches, 1994. "The Inconsistency of Common Scales Estimators when Output Prices are Unobserved and Endogenous," Discussion Papers 127, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Erik Biorn & Kjerti-Gro Lindquist & Terje Skjerpen, 2003. "Random Coefficients in Unbalanced Panels: An Application on Data from Chemical Plants," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 69, pages 55-83.
- Bertrand Koebel, 1998.
"Tests of Representative Firm Models: Results for German Manufacturing Industries,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 251-270, November.
- Koebel, Bertrand M., 1996. "Tests of representative firm models: results for German manufacturing industries," ZEW Discussion Papers 96-16, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Hildenbrand, Werner, 1981. "Short-Run Production Functions Based on Microdata," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(5), pages 1095-1125, September.
- Hildenbrand, W. & Kneip, A., 1999. "Demand aggregation under structural stability," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 81-109, February.
- Muysken, Joan, 1983. "The distribution approach to the aggregation of putty-clay production functions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 351-362.
- Lau, Lawrence J., 1982. "A note on the fundamental theorem of exact aggregation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 119-126.
- Erik Biørn & Kjersti-Gro Lindquist & Terje Skjerpen, 2000. "Micro Data On Capital Inputs: Attempts to Reconcile Stock and Flow Information," Discussion Papers 268, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Stoker, Thomas M, 1993. "Empirical Approaches to the Problem of Aggregation Over Individuals," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1827-1874, December.
- Hildenbrand, Werner, 1998. "How relevant are specifications of behavioral relations on the micro-level for modelling the time path of population aggregates?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(3-5), pages 437-458, May.
- Arthur Lewbel, 1992. "Aggregation with Log-Linear Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 59(3), pages 635-642.
- John Muellbauer, 1975. "Aggregation, Income Distribution and Consumer Demand," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(4), pages 525-543.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Erik Biørn & Terje Skjerpen & Knut Reidar Wangen, 2003. "Parametric Aggregation of Random Coefficient Cobb-Douglas Production Functions: Evidence from Manufacturing Industries," Discussion Papers 342, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Biorn, Erik & Skjerpen, Terje, 2004. "Aggregation biases in production functions: a panel data analysis of Translog models," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 31-57, March.
- Biørn, Erik & Skjerpen, Terje & Wangen, Knut Reidar, 2004. "Can Random Coefficient Cobb-Douglas Production Functions Be Aggregated to Similar Macro Functions?," Memorandum 22/2004, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsAggregation. Panel Data. Translog. Scale elasticity. Input distribution.;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- E23 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Production
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ssb:dispap:317. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (L Maasø). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ssbgvno.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.