Trade Openess and Technological Gaps in Latin America: a Low Growth Trap
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lawson, Tony & Palma, J Gabriel & Sender, John, 1989. "Kaldor's Contribution to Economics: An Introduction," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 1-8, March.
- Nicholas Kaldor, 1975. "What is Wrong with Economic Theory," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 89(3), pages 347-357.
- Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2011.
"The Balance of Payments Constraint as an Explanation of International Growth Rate Differences,"
PSL Quarterly Review,
Economia civile, vol. 64(259), pages 429-438.
- Anthony Philip Thirlwall, 1979. "The Balance of Payments Constraint as an Explanation of International Growth Rate Differences," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 32(128), pages 45-53.
- Anthony Philip Thirlwall, 1979. "The Balance of Payments Constraint as an Explanation of International Growth Rate Differences," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 32(128), pages 45-53.
- T. N. Srinivasan & Jagdish Bhagwati, 1999.
"Outward-Orientation and Development: Are Revisionists Right,"
806, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Srinivasan, T.N. & Bhagwati, J., 1999. "Outward-Orientation and Development: Are Revisionist Right?," Papers 806, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Ramos, Joseph, 1997. "Neo-liberal structural reforms in Latin America: the current situation," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- Kennedy, Charles & Thirlwall, A P, 1979. "Import Penetration, Export Performance and Harrod's Trade Multiplier," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(2), pages 303-323, July.
- Juan Carlos Moreno-Brid, 1999. "Mexico's Economic Growth and the Balance of Payments Constraint: A cointegration analysis," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 149-159.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- No Magic Wand: Liberalization and Structural Transformation in India
by Triplecrisis in Triple Crisis on 2012-05-17 18:00:05
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mario Cimoli & Marcio Holland & Gabriel Porcile & Annalisa Primi & Sebastiàn Vergara, 2006.
"Growth, Structural Change and Technological Capabilities. Latin America in a Comparative Perspective,"
LEM Papers Series
2006/11, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Cimoli, Mario & Porcile, Gabriel & Primi, Annalisa & Vergara, Sebastián & Brito, Márcio Holland de, 2010. "Growth, structural change and technological capabilities Latin America in a comparative perspective," Textos para discussão 212, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Acevedo, Alejandra & Mold, Andrew & Perez Caldentey, Esteban, 2009. "The Analysis of ‘Leading Sectors’: A Long term view of 18 Latin American economies," MPRA Paper 15017, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carolina Castaldi & Mario Cimoli & Nelson Correa & Giovanni Dosi, 2004. "Technological Learning, Policy Regimes and Growth in a `Globalized' Economy: General Patterns and the Latin American Experience," LEM Papers Series 2004/01, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Gilberto A. Libânio, 2003. "Trade, specialization and growth: a preliminary assessment of the Brazilian experience in the nineties," Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG td220, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Mario Cimoli & Giovanni Dosi & Richard Nelson & Joseph Stiglitz, 2007. "Policies and Institutional Engineering in Developing Economies," Globelics Working Paper Series 2007-04, Globelics - Global Network for Economics of Learning, Innovation, and Competence Building Systems, Aalborg University, Department of Business and Management.
- Suranjana Nabar-Bhaduri, 2011. "No Easy Balancing Act: Reducing the Balance of Payments Constraint; Improving Export Competitiveness and Productivity; and Absorbing Surplus Labor – The Indian Experience," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2011_12, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Erik S. Reinert & Rainer Kattel, 2007. "European Eastern Enlargement as Europe's Attempted Economic Suicide?," The Other Canon Foundation and Tallinn University of Technology Working Papers in Technology Governance and Economic Dynamics 14, TUT Ragnar Nurkse School of Innovation and Governance.
- Gabriel Porcile & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2010.
"Real exchange rate and elasticity of labour supply in a balance-of-payments-constrained macrodynamics,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 34(6), pages 1019-1039.
- Gabriel Porcile & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2006. "Real Exchange Rate And Elasticity Of Labor Supply In A Balance-Of-Payments-Constrained Macrodynamics," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 11, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Fernandes, Ana M. & Paunov, Caroline, 2009. "Does tougher import competition foster product quality upgrading ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4894, The World Bank.
- Suranjana Nabar-Bhaduri, 2009. "What Lies Beneath: A Case For Disaggregated Analysis In Evaluating Stuctural Policy Shifts," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2009_12, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Reinert, Erik S. & Kattel, Rainer, 2004. "The Qualitative Shift in European Integration: Towards permanent wage pressures and a ‘Latin-Americanization’ of Europe?," MPRA Paper 47909, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Escaith, Hubert, 2005. "Alternative measures of potential economic growth in Latin America," Documentos de Proyectos 23, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Velho, Lea, 2004. "Science and Technology in Latin America and the Caribbean: An Overview," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 04, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Pennelope Pacheco-Lopez & Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2004.
"Trade liberalisation in Mexico: rhetoric and reality,"
BNL Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 57(229), pages 141-167.
- Pennelope Pacheco-Lopez & Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2004. "Trade liberalisation in Mexico: rhetoric and reality," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 57(229), pages 141-167.
- Penelope Pacheco-López & A.P. Thirlwall, 2004. "Trade Liberalisation in Mexico: Rhetoric and Reality," Studies in Economics 0403, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Bruno, Randolph Luca, 2010. "Labor Market and Globalization: A Comparison of the Latin American and the East Asian Experiences in the 1980s and 1990s," IZA Policy Papers 16, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-08-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2002-08-16 (Development)
- NEP-TID-2002-08-16 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ssa:lemwps:2002/14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/labssit.html .