From Market Fixing to Market-Creating: A New Framework for Economic Policy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Consoli, Davide & Marin, Giovanni & Marzucchi, Alberto & Vona, Francesco, 2016.
"Do green jobs differ from non-green jobs in terms of skills and human capital?,"
Elsevier, vol. 45(5), pages 1046-1060.
- Davide Consoli & Giovanni Marin & Francesco Vona & Alberto Marzucchi, 2015. "Do Green Jobs Differ from Non-Green Jobs in Terms of Skills and Human Capital?," SPRU Working Paper Series 2015-16, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Davide Consoli & Giovanni Marin & Alberto Marzucchi & Francesco Vona, 2015. "Do green jobs differ from non-green jobs in terms of skills and human capital?," SEEDS Working Papers 1015, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised May 2015.
- William Lazonick & Mariana Mazzucato, 2013. "The risk-reward nexus in the innovation-inequality relationship: who takes the risks? Who gets the rewards ?," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(4), pages 1093-1128, August.
- repec:ecr:col013:43200 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sampat, Bhaven N., 2012. "Mission-oriented biomedical research at the NIH," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(10), pages 1729-1741.
- Kakabadse, Andrew & Kakabadse, Nada, 2002. "Trends in Outsourcing:: Contrasting USA and Europe," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 189-198, April.
- Mariana Mazzucato & Carlota Perez, 2014. "Innovation as Growth Policy: the challenge for Europe," SPRU Working Paper Series 2014-13, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Auerswald, Philip E & Branscomb, Lewis M, 2003. "Valleys of Death and Darwinian Seas: Financing the Invention to Innovation Transition in the United States," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 28(3-4), pages 227-239, August.
- Cantner, Uwe & Pyka, Andreas, 2001.
"Classifying technology policy from an evolutionary perspective,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 759-775, May.
- Andreas Pyka & Uwe Cantner, 1999. "Classifying Technology Policy from an Evolutionary Perspective," Discussion Paper Series 184, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- Joanna Chataway & Stefano Brusoni & Eugenia Cacciatori & Rebecca Hanlin & Luigi Orsenigo, 2007. "The International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI) in a Changing Landscape of Vaccine Development: A Public/Private Partnership as Knowledge Broker and Integrator," The European Journal of Development Research, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 100-117.
- Wright, Brian D., 2012. "Grand missions of agricultural innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(10), pages 1716-1728.
- Falck, Oliver & Gollier, Christian & Wößmann, Ludger, . "Arguments for and against Policies to Promote National Champions," Chapters in Economics, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 2006.
"Is War Necessary for Economic Growth?: Military Procurement and Technology Development,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780195188042.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 2006. "Is War Necessary for Economic Growth? Military Procurement and Technology Development," Staff Papers 13534, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Savona, María, 2016.
"Global structural change and value chains in services: a reappraisal,"
Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), number 43200.
- Maria Savona, 2015. "Global Structural Change And Value Chains In Services: A Reappraisal," SPRU Working Paper Series 2015-19, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Freeman, Chris, 1995. "The 'National System of Innovation' in Historical Perspective," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 5-24, February.
- Phil Johnstone & Andy Stirling, 2015. "Comparing Nuclear Power Trajectories inGermany And the UK: From ‘Regimes’ to ‘Democracies’ in Sociotechnical Transitions and Discontinuities," SPRU Working Paper Series 2015-18, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Javier Lopez Gonzalez & Valentina Meliciani & Maria Savona, 2015. "When Linder Meets Hirschman: Inter-Industry Linkages and Global Value Chains in Business Services," SPRU Working Paper Series 2015-20, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Lazonick, William & Tulum, Öner, 2011. "US biopharmaceutical finance and the sustainability of the biotech business model," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1170-1187.
- Mariana Mazzucato, 2013. "Financing innovation: creative destruction vs. destructive creation," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(4), pages 851-867, August.
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989. "Does public capital crowd out private capital?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 171-188, September.
- Klepper, Steven, 1997. "Industry Life Cycles," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 145-181.
- Krueger, Anne O, 1974. "The Political Economy of the Rent-Seeking Society," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 291-303, June.
- Dosi, Giovanni & Nelson, Richard R, 1994. "An Introduction to Evolutionary Theories in Economics," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 153-172, September.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Marco Vivarelli, 2013. "Is entrepreneurship necessarily good? Microeconomic evidence from developed and developing countries," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(6), pages 1453-1495, December.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1991. "The Invisible Hand and Modern Welfare Economics," NBER Working Papers 3641, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mowery, David C. & Nelson, Richard R. & Martin, Ben R., 2010. "Technology policy and global warming: Why new policy models are needed (or why putting new wine in old bottles won't work)," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1011-1023, October.
- Chris Freeman & Luc Soete, 1997. "The Economics of Industrial Innovation, 3rd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 3, volume 1, number 0262061953, October.
- Arrow, Kenneth J & Lind, Robert C, 1970. "Uncertainty and the Evaluation of Public Investment Decisions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(3), pages 364-378, June.
- Tommaso Ciarli & Alex Coad & Ismael Rafols, 2015. "Quantitative Analysis of Technology Futures: A review of Techniques, Uses and Characteristics," SPRU Working Paper Series 2015-23, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:136:y:2018:i:c:p:166-177 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mariana Mazzucato & Douglas K Robinson, 2016. "Lost in space? NASA and the changing publicprivate eco-system in space," SPRU Working Paper Series 2016-20, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:127:y:2018:i:c:p:23-37 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:138:y:2019:i:c:p:78-94 is not listed on IDEAS
- Matthijs Janssen, 2016. "What bangs for your bucks? Assessing the design and impact of transformative policy," Innovation Studies Utrecht (ISU) working paper series 16-05, Utrecht University, Department of Innovation Studies, revised Dec 2016.
More about this item
Keywordsinnovation policy; mission-oriented; market failures; system failures; directionality; smart growth; inclusive growth;
- H1 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-09-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2015-09-11 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-HME-2015-09-11 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-INO-2015-09-11 (Innovation)
- NEP-PKE-2015-09-11 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-TID-2015-09-11 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sru:ssewps:2015-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (University of Sussex Business School Communications Team). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/spessuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.