Modelling and Measuring Scientific Production: Results for a Panel of OECD Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dominique Guellec & Bruno van Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, 2003.
"R&D and Productivity Growth: Panel Data Analysis of 16 OECD Countries,"
OECD Economic Studies,
OECD Publishing, vol. 2001(2), pages 103-126.
- Dominique Guellec & Bruno van Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, 2001. "R&D and Productivity Growth: Panel Data Analysis of 16 OECD Countries," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2001/3, OECD Publishing.
- Bruno Van Pottelsberghe & Dominique Guellec, 2001. "R&D and productivity growth: a panel data analysis of 16 OECD countries," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/6219, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hall, B. & Jaffe, A. & Trajtenberg, M., 2001.
"The NBER Patent Citations Data File: Lessons, Insights and Methodological Tools,"
2001-29, Tel Aviv.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg, 2001. "The NBER Patent Citation Data File: Lessons, Insights and Methodological Tools," NBER Working Papers 8498, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hall, Bronwyn H & Jaffe, Adam B & Trajtenberg, Manuel, 2001. "The NBER Patent Citations Data File: Lessons, Insights and Methodological Tools," CEPR Discussion Papers 3094, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Aldo Geuna, 1999. "The Economics of Knowledge Production," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1689.
- Jaffe, Adam B, 1989. "Real Effects of Academic Research," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 957-970, December.
- Jesus Felipe & Franklin M. Fisher, 2003. "Aggregation in Production Functions: What Applied Economists should Know," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2-3), pages 208-262, May.
- Jacobsson, Staffan & Rickne, Annika, 2004. "How large is the Swedish 'academic' sector really?: A critical analysis of the use of science and technology indicators," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1355-1372, November.
- Anthony Arundel & Aldo Geuna, 2004.
"Proximity and the use of public science by innovative European firms,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(6), pages 559-580.
- Geuna, Aldo & Anthony Arundel, 2003. "Proximity and the Use of Public Science by Innovate European Firms," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 86, Royal Economic Society.
- Fisher, Franklin M, 1969. "The Existence of Aggregate Production Functions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(4), pages 553-577, October.
- Johnes, Jill & Johnes, Geraint, 1995. "Research funding and performance in U.K. University Departments of Economics: A frontier analysis," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 301-314, September.
- Adams, James D, 1990. "Fundamental Stocks of Knowledge and Productivity Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(4), pages 673-702, August.
- Andrea Bonaccorsi & Cinzia Daraio, 2003. "A robust nonparametric approach to the analysis of scientific productivity," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(1), pages 47-69, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Benavente, José Miguel & Crespi, Gustavo & Figal Garone, Lucas & Maffioli, Alessandro, 2012.
"The impact of national research funds: A regression discontinuity approach to the Chilean FONDECYT,"
Elsevier, vol. 41(8), pages 1461-1475.
- Jose Miguel Benavente & Gustavo Crespi & Lucas Figal Garone & Alessandro Maffioli, 2012. "The Impact of National Research Funds: A Regression Discontinuity Approach to the Chilean FONDECYT," Working Papers wp356, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Okey K. N. Mawussé, 2013. "Institutions and scientific research in Africa," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(2), pages 1487-1503.
- Diego Ubfal & Alessandro Maffioli, 2010.
"The Impact of Funding on Research Collaboration: Evidence from Argentina,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
2663, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Diego Ubfal & Alessandro Maffioli, 2010. "The Impact of Funding on Research Collaboration: Evidence from Argentina," SPD Working Papers 1006, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Strategic Planning and Development Effectiveness (SPD).
- José Miguel Benavente & Gustavo Crespi & Alessandro Maffioli, 2007.
"The Impact of National Research Funds: An Evaluation of the Chilean FONDECYT,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
3016, Inter-American Development Bank.
- José Miguel Benavente & Gustavo Crespi & Alessandro Maffioli, 2007. "The Impact of National Research Funds: An Evaluation of the Chilean FONDECYT," OVE Working Papers 0307, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE).
- Crespi, Gustavo A. & Geuna, Aldo, 2008. "An empirical study of scientific production: A cross country analysis, 1981-2002," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 565-579, May.
- Daniel Chudnovsky & Andrés López & Martín Rossi & Diego Ubfal, 2006.
"Evaluating a Program of Public Funding of Scientific Activity. A Case Study of FONCYT in Argentina,"
OVE Working Papers
1206, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE).
- Daniel Chudnovsky & Andrés López & Martín Rossi & Diego Ubfal, 2006. "Evaluating a Program of Public Funding of Scientific Activity: A Case Study of FONCYT in Argentina," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 2831, Inter-American Development Bank.
- repec:spr:scient:v:70:y:2007:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-007-0202-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:60:y:2009:i:2:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2602542 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ubfal, Diego & Maffioli, Alessandro, 2011. "The impact of funding on research collaboration: Evidence from a developing country," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1269-1279.
- Diego Ubfal & Alessandro Maffioli, 2010. "The Impact of Funding on Research Collaboration: Evidence from Argentina," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 9395, Inter-American Development Bank.
More about this item
Keywordsproductivity of science; lag structure; returns to HERD investment; international spillovers;
- L3 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise
- O3 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-05-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2005-05-07 (Development)
- NEP-EFF-2005-05-07 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-INO-2005-05-07 (Innovation)
- NEP-TID-2005-05-07 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sru:ssewps:133. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (University of Sussex Business School Communications Team). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/spessuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.