How to Win the Olympic Games – The Empirics of Key Success Factors of Olympic Bids
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Arne Feddersen & Wolfgang Maennig & Philipp Zimmermann, 2007. "How to Win the Olympic Games - The Empirics of Key Success Factors of Olympic Bids," Working Papers 002, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arne Feddersen & Wolfgang Maennig, 2005. "Trends in Competitive Balance: Is there Evidence for Growing Imbalance in Professional Sport Leagues?," Working Papers 0012005, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Robert Baade & Victor Matheson, 2000. "Bidding for the Olympics: Fools Gold?," IASE Conference Papers 0007, International Association of Sports Economists.
- Wolfgang Maennig, 2002. "On the Economics of Doping and Corruption in International Sports," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 3(1), pages 61-89, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Loek Groot, 2012. "The Contest for Olympic Success as a Public Good," Journal of Income Distribution, Journal of Income Distribution, vol. 21(1), pages 102-117, March.
- Falch, Torberg & Fischer, Justina A.V., 2012.
"Public sector decentralization and school performance: International evidence,"
Elsevier, vol. 114(3), pages 276-279.
- Torberg Falch & Justina AV Fischer, 2008. "Public sector decentralization and school performance. International evidence," TWI Research Paper Series 39, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, UniversitÃ¤t Konstanz.
- Torberg Falch & Justina AV Fischer, 2008. "Public sector decentralization and school performance: International evidence," Working Paper Series 9508, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Falch, Torberg & Fischer, Justina AV, 2010. "Public sector decentralization and school performance: International evidence," MPRA Paper 20331, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Torberg Falch & Justina A.V. Fischer, 2010. "Public Sector Decentralization and School Performance: International Evidence," Working Papers 031, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- John K. Wilson & Richard Pomfret, 2014. "Public Policy and Professional Sports," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 15381, April.
- Fischer, Justina AV & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso, 2010.
"The impact of institutions on firms’ rejuvenation policies: Early retirement with severance pay versus simple lay-off. A Cross-European Analysis,"
20343, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Justina A.V. Fischer & Alfonso Sousa-Poza, 2010. "The Impact of Institutions on Firms’ Rejuvenation Policies: Early Retirement with Severance Pay versus Simple Lay-Off. A Cross-European Analysis," Working Papers 034, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
More about this item
KeywordsOlympic Games; Bidding process; Key success factors; Binary logistical regression;
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spe:wpaper:0705. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaseeea.html .