Unintended Consequences of Unemployment Insurance: Evidence from Stricter Eligibility Criteria in Brazil
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dale T. Mortensen, 1977. "Unemployment Insurance and Job Search Decisions," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 30(4), pages 505-517, July.
- François Gerard & Miikka Rokkanen & Christoph Rothe, 2016. "Bounds on Treatment Effects in Regression Discontinuity Designs with a Manipulated Running Variable," NBER Working Papers 22892, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gustavo Gonzaga, 2003. "Labor Turnover and Labor Legislation in Brazil," ECONOMIA JOURNAL, THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Fall 2003), pages 165-222, August.
- Gerard, Francois & Rokkanen, Miikka & Rothe, Christoph, 2016. "Bounds on Treatment Effects in Regression Discontinuity Designs under Manipulation of the Running Variable, with an Application to Unemployment Insurance in Brazil," CEPR Discussion Papers 11668, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gerard, Francois & Gonzaga, Gustavo, 2016.
"Informal Labor and the Efficiency Cost of Social Programs: Evidence from the Brazilian Unemployment Insurance Program,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
11485, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- François Gerard & Gustavo Gonzaga, 2016. "Informal Labor and the Efficiency Cost of Social Programs: Evidence from the Brazilian Unemployment Insurance Program," NBER Working Papers 22608, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordsunemployment insurance; labor legislation; job turnover; layoffs;
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- J65 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment Insurance; Severance Pay; Plant Closings
- J46 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Informal Labor Market
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spa:wpaper:2017wpecon16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Pedro Garcia Duarte). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuspbr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.