Sociodemographic factors and expenditure issues in Vietnamese consideration of periodic general health examination
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Quan Hoang Vuong & Nancy K. Napier & Tri Dung Tran, 2013. "A categorical data analysis on relationships between culture, creativity and business stage: the case of Vietnam," International Journal of Transitions and Innovation Systems, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(1), pages 4-24.
- Manning, Willard G, et al, 1987. "Health Insurance and the Demand for Medical Care: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 251-277, June.
- Yarnall, K.S.H. & Pollak, K.I. & Østbye, T. & Krause, K.M. & Michener, J.L., 2003. "Primary care: Is there enough time for prevention?," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 93(4), pages 635-641.
- Meer, Jonathan & Rosen, Harvey S., 2004. "Insurance and the utilization of medical services," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(9), pages 1623-1632, May.
- Wilper, A.P. & Woolhandler, S. & Lasser, K.E. & McCormick, D. & Bor, D.H. & Himmelstein, D.U., 2009. "Health insurance and mortality in US adults," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 99(12), pages 2289-2295.
- Nakanishi, Noriyuki & Tatara, Kozo & Fujiwara, Hitoshi, 1996. "Do preventive health services reduce eventual demand for medical care?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 43(6), pages 999-1005, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Quan-Hoang Vuong & Tung-Manh Ho & Hong-Kong Nguyen & Thu-Trang Vuong, 2018. "Healthcare consumers’ sensitivity to costs: a reflection on behavioural economics from an emerging market," Palgrave Communications, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 4(1), pages 1-10, December.
- Quan-Hoang Vuong & Quang-Hoi Vu & Thu Trang Vuong, 2016. "What makes Vietnamese (not) attend periodic general health examinations? A cross-sectional study," Working Papers CEB 16-042, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Abeer G Alharbi & M Mahmud Khan & Ronnie Horner & Heather Brandt & Cole Chapman, 2019. "Impact of Medicaid coverage expansion under the Affordable Care Act on mammography and pap tests utilization among low-income women," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 14(4), pages 1-15, April.
- Sepehri, Ardeshir & Simpson, Wayne & Sarma, Sisira, 2006. "The influence of health insurance on hospital admission and length of stay--The case of Vietnam," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(7), pages 1757-1770, October.
- Hudson, Eibhlin & Nolan, Anne, 2015. "Public healthcare eligibility and the utilisation of GP services by older people in Ireland," The Journal of the Economics of Ageing, Elsevier, vol. 6(C), pages 24-43.
- Sandra Hopkins & Michael P. Kidd & Aydogan Ulker, 2013. "Private Health Insurance Status and Utilisation of Dental Services in Australia," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 89(285), pages 194-206, June.
- Borgschulte, Mark & Vogler, Jacob, 2020. "Did the ACA Medicaid expansion save lives?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C).
- Quan-Hoang Vuong, 2017. "Relationships between health data, BMI, basic medical skills: some insights from a 2016 Vietnamese medical survey," Working Papers CEB 17-001, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Giampiero Marra & Rosalba Radice & David M. Zimmer, 2020. "Estimating the binary endogenous effect of insurance on doctor visits by copula‐based regression additive models," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 69(4), pages 953-971, August.
- Charles Courtemanche & James Marton & Benjamin Ukert & Aaron Yelowitz & Daniela Zapata, 2018.
"Early Effects of the Affordable Care Act on Health Care Access, Risky Health Behaviors, and Self‐Assessed Health,"
Southern Economic Journal, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 84(3), pages 660-691, January.
- Courtemanche, Charles & Marton, James & Ukert, Benjamin & Yelowitz, Aaron & Zapata, Daniela, 2017. "Early Effects of the Affordable Care Act on Health Care Access, Risky Health Behaviors, and Self-Assessed Health," IZA Discussion Papers 10649, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Charles Courtemanche & James Marton & Benjamin Ukert & Aaron Yelowitz & Daniela Zapata, 2017. "Early Effects of the Affordable Care Act on Health Care Access, Risky Health Behaviors, and Self-Assessed Health," NBER Working Papers 23269, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chen, Chin-Shyan & Peng, Yu-I & Lee, Ping-Chang & Liu, Tsai-Ching, 2015. "The effectiveness of preventive care at reducing curative care risk for the Taiwanese elderly under National Health Insurance," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(6), pages 787-793.
- Pierre-Thomas Léger & Erin C. Strumpf, 2010. "Système de paiement des médecins : bref de politique," CIRANO Project Reports 2010rp-12, CIRANO.
- Jonathan Gruber, 2008. "Covering the Uninsured in the U.S," NBER Working Papers 13758, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vuong, Quan-Hoang & La, Viet-Phuong, 2019. "The bayesvl R package. User guide v0.8.1," OSF Preprints w5dx6, Center for Open Science.
- Dionne, Georges, 1998.
"La mesure empirique des problèmes d’information,"
L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 74(4), pages 585-606, décembre.
- Dionne, G., 1998. "La mesure empirique des problemes d'information," Papers 9833, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- G. Dionne, 1998. "La mesure empirique des problèmes d'information," THEMA Working Papers 98-33, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Trottmann, Maria & Zweifel, Peter & Beck, Konstantin, 2012. "Supply-side and demand-side cost sharing in deregulated social health insurance: Which is more effective?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 231-242.
- Subir K. Chakrabarti & Srikant Devaraj & Pankaj C. Patel, 2021. "Minimum wage and restaurant hygiene violations: Evidence from Seattle," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 42(1), pages 85-99, January.
- Ni, Xinwen, 2019. "Voting for Health Insurance Policy: the U.S. versus Europe," IRTG 1792 Discussion Papers 2019-012, Humboldt University of Berlin, International Research Training Group 1792 "High Dimensional Nonstationary Time Series".
- Kevin Devereux & Mona Balesh Abadi & Farah Omran, 2019. "Correcting for Transitory Effects in RCTs: Application to the RAND Health Insurance Experiment," Working Papers 201910, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Kuhn, Michael & Frankovic, Ivan & Wrzaczek, Stefan, 2017.
"Medical Progress, Demand for Health Care, and Economic Performance,"
VfS Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking
168249, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Frankovic, Ivan & Kuhn, Michael & Wrzaczek, Stefan, 2017. "Medical progress, demand for health care, and economic performance," ECON WPS - Working Papers in Economic Theory and Policy 08/2017, TU Wien, Institute of Statistics and Mathematical Methods in Economics, Economics Research Unit.
More about this item
KeywordsMedical expenditure; general health examination; public perception; Vietnam;
All these keywords.
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- P20 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HEA-2016-11-27 (Health Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2016-11-27 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2016-11-27 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sol:wpaper:2013/240517. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Benoit Pauwels (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.