The Distributional Impact of Large Dams: Evidence from Cropland Productivity in Africa
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Strobl, Eric & Strobl, Robert O., 2011. "The distributional impact of large dams: Evidence from cropland productivity in Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 432-450, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Driscoll, John C., 2004.
"Does bank lending affect output? Evidence from the U.S. states,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 451-471, April.
- John C. Driscoll, 2003. "Does bank lending affect output? evidence from the U.S. states," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2003-31, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- John C. Driscoll & Aart C. Kraay, 1998. "Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation With Spatially Dependent Panel Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 549-560, November.
- Shaohua Chen & Martin Ravallion, 2010.
"The Developing World is Poorer than We Thought, But No Less Successful in the Fight Against Poverty,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 125(4), pages 1577-1625.
- Chen, Shaohua & Ravallion, Martin, 2008. "The developing world is poorer than we thought, but no less successful in the fight against poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4703, The World Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1994. "Measuring Social Welfare with and without Poverty Lines," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 359-364, May.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6159 is not listed on IDEAS
- Salvador Barrios & Luisito Bertinelli & Eric Strobl, 2010. "Trends in Rainfall and Economic Growth in Africa: A Neglected Cause of the African Growth Tragedy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 92(2), pages 350-366, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aravind Moorthy & Thomas Coen & Katie Naeve & Jeremy Brecher-Haimson & Sarah Hughes, "undated". "Evaluation of the Irrigation and Water Resource Management Project in Senegal: Design Report," Mathematica Policy Research Reports c9f29d5746b14250b145a2030, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Sheila M. Olmstead & Hilary Sigman, 2015.
"Damming the Commons: An Empirical Analysis of International Cooperation and Conflict in Dam Location,"
Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(4), pages 497-526.
- Olmstead, Sheila M. & Sigman, Hilary, 2014. "Damming the Commons: An Empirical Analysis of International Cooperation and Conflict in Dam Location," Discussion Papers dp-14-23-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Sheila M. Olmstead & Hilary Sigman, 2014. "Damming the Commons: An Empirical Analysis of International Cooperation and Conflict in Dam Location," NBER Working Papers 20389, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olmstead, Sheila M. & Sigman, Hilary, 2014. "Damming the Commons: An Empirical Analysis of International Cooperation and Conflict in Dam Location," Discussion Papers dp-14-23, Resources For the Future.
- Olmstead, Sheila M. & Sigman, Hilary, 2014. "Damming the commons : an empirical analysis of international cooperation and conflict in dam location," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6992, The World Bank.
- Mohammed, Y.S. & Mustafa, M.W. & Bashir, N., 2013. "Status of renewable energy consumption and developmental challenges in Sub-Sahara Africa," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 453-463.
- Hyland, Marie & Russ, Jason, 2019. "Water as destiny – The long-term impacts of drought in sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 30-45.
- Kwadwo Owusu & Paul W. K. Yankson & Alex B. Asiedu & Peter B. Obour, 2017. "Resource utilization conflict in downstream non‐resettled communities of the Bui Dam in Ghana," Natural Resources Forum, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 41(4), pages 234-243, November.
- Sawada, Yasuyuki, 2015.
"The Impacts of Infrastructure in Development: A Selective Survey,"
ADBI Working Papers
511, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Yasuyuki Sawada, 2015. "The Impacts of Infrastructure in Development: A Selective Survey," Working Papers id:6482, eSocialSciences.
- Mettetal, Elizabeth, 2019. "Irrigation dams, water and infant mortality: Evidence from South Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 17-40.
- Thomas Coen & Sarah M. Hughes & Matthew Ribar & William Valletta & Kristen Velyvis, "undated". "Evaluation of the Irrigation and Water Resource Management Project in Senegal: Interim Evaluation Report," Mathematica Policy Research Reports d61e6ded74a24d40a2121bd80, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Russ,Jason Daniel & Zaveri,Esha Dilip & Damania,Richard & Desbureaux,Sebastien Gael & Escurra,Jorge Jose & Rodella,Aude-Sophie, 2020. "Salt of the Earth : Quantifying the Impact of Water Salinity on Global Agricultural Productivity," Policy Research Working Paper Series 9144, The World Bank.
- Zaveri, Esha D. & Russ, Jason & Damania, Richard, 2017. "Drenched Fields and Parched Farms: Evidence along the Extensive and Intensive Margins," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258409, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordsdams; agricultural productivity; Africa;
- O20 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - General
- Q19 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2009-11-07 (Africa)
- NEP-DEV-2009-11-07 (Development)
- NEP-EFF-2009-11-07 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sol:wpaper:09-043. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.