Climate Change, Hydro-dependency and the African Dam Boom
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Cole, Matthew A. & Elliott, Robert J.R. & Strobl, Eric, 2014. "Climate Change, Hydro-Dependency, and the African Dam Boom," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 84-98.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wolde-Rufael, Yemane, 2006. "Electricity consumption and economic growth: a time series experience for 17 African countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1106-1114, July.
- Khennas, Smail, 2012. "Understanding the political economy and key drivers of energy access in addressing national energy access priorities and policies: African Perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(S1), pages 21-26.
- Deichmann, Uwe & Meisner, Craig & Murray, Siobhan & Wheeler, David, 2011.
"The economics of renewable energy expansion in rural Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 215-227, January.
- Deichmann, Uwe & Meisner, Craig & Murray, Siobhan & Wheeler, David, 2010. "The economics of renewable energy expansion in rural Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5193, The World Bank.
- IIMI, Atsushi, 2007. "Estimating global climate change impacts on hydropower projects : applications in India, Sri Lanka and Vietnam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4344, The World Bank.
- Foster, Vivien & Steinbuks, Jevgenijs, 2009. "Paying the price for unreliable power supplies : in-house generation of electricity by firms in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4913, The World Bank.
- Karekezi, Stephen, 2002. "Poverty and energy in Africa--A brief review," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(11-12), pages 915-919, September.
- AfDB AfDB, . "Africa Competitiveness Report 2013," Africa Competitiveness Report, African Development Bank, number 456, July-Dece.
- Hunt Allcott & Allan Collard-Wexler & Stephen D. O'Connell, 2016.
"How Do Electricity Shortages Affect Industry? Evidence from India,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 106(3), pages 587-624, March.
- Hunt Allcott & Allan Collard-Wexler & Stephen D. O'Connell, 2014. "How Do Electricity Shortages Affect Industry? Evidence from India," NBER Working Papers 19977, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francis Yamba & Hartley Walimwipi & Suman Jain & Peter Zhou & Boaventura Cuamba & Cornelius Mzezewa, 2011. "Climate change/variability implications on hydroelectricity generation in the Zambezi River Basin," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 16(6), pages 617-628, August.
- World Bank, 2012. "World Development Indicators 2012," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6014.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:201:y:2007:i:3:p:301-311 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jane Ebinger & Walter Vergara, 2011. "Climate Impacts on Energy Systems : Key Issues for Energy Sector Adaptation," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2271.
- Salvador Barrios & Luisito Bertinelli & Eric Strobl, 2010. "Trends in Rainfall and Economic Growth in Africa: A Neglected Cause of the African Growth Tragedy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 92(2), pages 350-366, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-492 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anshelm, Jonas & Simon, Haikola, 2016. "Power production and environmental opinions – Environmentally motivated resistance to wind power in Sweden," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 1545-1555.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-478 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-453 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-475 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huber, Amelie & Joshi, Deepa, 2015. "Hydropower, Anti-Politics, and the Opening of New Political Spaces in the Eastern Himalayas," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 13-25.
More about this item
KeywordsHydropower; Climate Change; Africa Energy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2014-04-11 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2014-04-11 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2014-04-11 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-GER-2014-04-11 (German Papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bir:birmec:14-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Colin Rowat). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/debhauk.html .