Determinants of Interest Group Formation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Jac C. Heckelman, 2007. "Explaining the Rain: The Rise and Decline of Nations after 25 Years," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 74(1), pages 18-33, July.
- William F. Shughart II & Robert D. Tollison & Zhipeng Yan, 2003. "Rent Seeking into the Income Distribution," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(4), pages 441-456, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hayo, Bernd & Voigt, Stefan, 2010.
"Determinants of constitutional change: Why do countries change their form of government?,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 283-305, September.
- Bernd Hayo & Stefan Voigt, 2010. "Determinants of Constitutional Change: Why do Countries Change their Form of Governments?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3087, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bernd Hayo & Stefan Voigt, 2010. "Determinants of Constitutional Change: Why Do Countries Change Their Form of Government?," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201006, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Dennis Coates & Jac Heckelman & Bonnie Wilson, 2011. "Special-interest groups and growth," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 147(3), pages 439-457, June.
- Cole, Ismail M., 2014. "Short- and long-term growth effects of special interest groups in the U.S. states: A dynamic panel error-correction approach," MPRA Paper 54455, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Mar 2014.
- Bown, Chad P. & Tovar, Patricia, 2011. "Trade liberalization, antidumping, and safeguards: Evidence from India's tariff reform," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 115-125, September.
- Etienne Farvaque & Gael Lagadec, 2009. "Electoral Control when Policies are for Sale," CESifo Working Paper Series 2522, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mehmet, Babacan, 2009. "Lobbying and Growth: Explaining Differences among OECD Countries," MPRA Paper 29734, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 Nov 2009.
- Domenico Rossignoli, 2015. "Too many and too much? Special-interest groups and inequality at the turn of the century," Rivista Internazionale di Scienze Sociali, Vita e Pensiero, Pubblicazioni dell'Universita' Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, vol. 130(3), pages 337-366.
- Coates, Dennis & Heckelman, Jac C. & Wilson, Bonnie, 2010.
"The political economy of investment: Sclerotic effects from interest groups,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 208-221, June.
- Bonnie Wilson & Jac Heckelman, 2010. "The Political Economy of Investment: Sclerotic Effects from Interest Groups," Working Papers 2012-03, Saint Louis University, Department of Economics.
- Bluhm, Richard & Szirmai, Adam, 2012. "Institutions and long-run growth performance: An analytic literature review of the institutional determinants of economic growth," MERIT Working Papers 033, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
More about this item
Keywordsspecial interest groups; institutional sclerosis; stock returns; volatility;
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- L5 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-09-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2007-09-02 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-CFN-2007-09-02 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-PBE-2007-09-02 (Public Economics)
- NEP-POL-2007-09-02 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:slu:wpaper:2007-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bonnie Wilson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desluus.html .