Generalised Fading Memory Learning in a Cobweb Model: some evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lovell, Michael C, 1986. "Tests of the Rational Expectations Hypothesis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(1), pages 110-124, March.
- Hommes, Cars H., 1998. "On the consistency of backward-looking expectations: The case of the cobweb," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 33(3-4), pages 333-362, January.
- Potzelberger, Klaus & Sogner, Leopold, 2003. "Stochastic equilibrium: learning by exponential smoothing," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 1743-1770, August.
- Kirman, A., 1997. "Interaction and Markets," ASSET - Instituto De Economia Publica 166, ASSET (Association of Southern European Economic Theorists).
- Colucci, Domenico & Valori, Vincenzo, 2005. "Error learning behaviour and stability revisited," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 371-388, March.
- Williams, Arlington W, 1987. "The Formation of Price Forecasts in Experimental Markets," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 19(1), pages 1-18, February.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1986. "Adaptive Behavior and Economic Theory," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages 401-426, October.
- Hey, John D., 1994. "Expectations formation: Rational or adaptive or ...?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 329-349, December.
- Jensen, Roderick V. & Urban, Robin, 1984. "Chaotic price behavior in a non-linear cobweb model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 15(3-4), pages 235-240.
- Carl Chiarella & Xue-Zhong He & Peiyuan Zhu, 2003.
"Fading Memory Learning in the Cobweb Model with Risk Averse Heterogeneous Producers,"
Research Paper Series
108, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Peiyuan Zhu & Carl Chiarella & Tony He, 2003. "Fading Memory Learning in the Cobweb Model with Risk Averse Heterogeneous Producers," Computing in Economics and Finance 2003 31, Society for Computational Economics.
- Hugh Kelley & Daniel Friedman, 2002. "Learning to Forecast Price," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(4), pages 556-573, October.
- repec:cup:macdyn:v:2:y:1998:i:3:p:287-321 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hommes, Cars & Sorger, Gerhard, 1998. "Consistent Expectations Equilibria," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(03), pages 287-321, September.
- Artstein, Zvi, 1983. "Irregular cobweb dynamics," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 15-17.
- Hommes, Cars H., 1994. "Dynamics of the cobweb model with adaptive expectations and nonlinear supply and demand," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 315-335, August.
More about this item
Keywordsbounded rationality; learning dynamics; fading memory; nonlinear cobweb model.;
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- D84 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Expectations; Speculations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-08-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2004-07-26 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-FIN-2004-08-02 (Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sce:scecf4:272. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sceeeea.html .