Stabilization and expanded commitment: a theory of forward guidance for economies with rational expectations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeffery D. Amato & Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 2002.
"Communication and Monetary Policy,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 18(4), pages 495-503.
- Jeffery Amato & Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 2003. "Communication and Monetary Policy," Levine's Working Paper Archive 506439000000000330, David K. Levine.
- Stephen Morris & Jeffery D. Amato & Hyun Song Shin, 2004. "Communication and Monetary Policy," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm345, Yale School of Management.
- Jeffrey D. Amado & Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 2003. "Communication and Monetary Policy," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1405, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Jeffery D. Amato & Hyun Song Shin & Stephen Morris, 2003. "Communication and monetary policy," BIS Working Papers 123, Bank for International Settlements.
- Acocella,Nicola & Di Bartolomeo,Giovanni & Hughes Hallett,Andrew, 2012. "The Theory of Economic Policy in a Strategic Context," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107023864, Fall.
- repec:bla:ecinqu:v:55:y:2017:i:4:p:1593-1624 is not listed on IDEAS
- John H. Cochrane, 2011. "Determinacy and Identification with Taylor Rules," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 119(3), pages 565-615.
- Nicola Acocella & Giovanni Di Bartolomeo & Andrew Hughes Hallett & Paolo G. Piacquadio, 2014. "Announcements as an equilibrium selection device," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(1), pages 325-347, January.
- Gavin, William T. & Keen, Benjamin D. & Richter, Alexander & Throckmorton, Nathaniel, 2013.
"The stimulative effect of forward guidance,"
2013-38, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, revised 30 Apr 2014.
- Keen, Benjamin D. & Richter, Alexander W. & Throckmorton, Nathaniel, 2016. "Forward guidance and the state of the economy," Working Papers 1612, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, revised 19 May 2016.
- Benjamin D. Keen & Alexander W. Richter & Nathaniel A. Throckmorton, 2015. "Forward Guidance and the State of the Economy," Auburn Economics Working Paper Series auwp2015-10, Department of Economics, Auburn University.
- Hughes Hallett, Andrew & Di Bartolomeo, Giovanni & Acocella, Nicola, 2012. "A general theory of controllability and expectations anchoring for small-open economies," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 397-411.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Kahn, Charles M, 1980. "The Solution of Linear Difference Models under Rational Expectations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(5), pages 1305-1311, July.
- Hughes Hallett Andrew & Acocella Nicola & Di Bartolomeo Giovanni, 2012. "Expectations Dynamics: Policy, Announcements and Limits to Dynamic Inconsistency," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 16(2), pages 1-25, April.
- Hiroshi Ugai, 2007. "Effects of the Quantitative Easing Policy: A Survey of Empirical Analyses," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 25(1), pages 1-48, March.
- Joseph Gagnon & Matthew Raskin & Julie Remache & Brian Sack, 2011. "The Financial Market Effects of the Federal Reserve's Large-Scale Asset Purchases," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 7(1), pages 3-43, March.
- Andrew Levin & David López-Salido & Edward Nelson & Yack Yun, 2010.
"Limitations on the Effectiveness of Forward Guidance at the Zero Lower Bound,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 6(1), pages 143-189, March.
- Levin, Andrew & López-Salido, J David & Nelson, Edward & Yun, Tack, 2009. "Limitations on the Effectiveness of Forward Guidance at the Zero Lower Bound," CEPR Discussion Papers 7581, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mishkin, Frederic S, 2002.
"The Role of Output Stabilization in the Conduct of Monetary Policy,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(2), pages 213-227, Summer.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2002. "The Role of Output Stabilization in the Conduct of Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 9291, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Silvio Contessi & Li Li, 2013. "Forward guidance 101A: a roadmap of the U.S. experience," Economic Synopses, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Fisher, P. G. & Hallett, A. J. Hughes, 1988. "Efficient solution techniques for linear and non-linear rational expectations models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 635-657, November.
- Andrew Hughes Hallett & Rasmus Kattai & John Lewis, 2012. "How Reliable Are Cyclically Adjusted Budget Balances In Real Time?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 30(1), pages 75-92, January.
More about this item
KeywordsManaging Expectations; Stabilizability; Dynamic Controllability; Time Consistency; Two point boundary solutions;
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- E63 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Comparative or Joint Analysis of Fiscal and Monetary Policy; Stabilization; Treasury Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-09-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-GER-2014-09-29 (German Papers)
- NEP-MAC-2014-09-29 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rsq:wpaper:31/14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (isabella santini). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dmrosit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.