Wage Compensation for Risk: The Case of Turkey
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Evans, Mary F. & Schaur, Georg, 2010. "A quantile estimation approach to identify income and age variation in the value of a statistical life," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 260-270, May.
- Thomas Kniesner & W. Viscusi & James Ziliak, 2010.
"Policy relevant heterogeneity in the value of statistical life: New evidence from panel data quantile regressions,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 15-31, February.
- Kniesner, Thomas J. & Viscusi, W. Kip & Ziliak, James P., 2009. "Policy Relevant Heterogeneity in the Value of Statistical Life: New Evidence from Panel Data Quantile Regressions," IZA Discussion Papers 4508, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Thomas J. Kniesner & W. Kip Viscusi & James P. Ziliak, 2009. "Policy Relevant Heterogeneity in the Value of Statistical Life: New Evidence from Panel Data Quantile Regressions," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 118, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Beat Hintermann & Anna Alberini & Anil Markandya, 2010.
"Estimating the value of safety with labour market data: are the results trustworthy?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(9), pages 1085-1100.
- Beat Hintermann & Anna Alberini & Anil Markandya, 2006. "Estimating the Value of Safety with Labor Market Data: Are the Results Trustworthy?," Working Papers 2006.119, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Marcela Parada-Contzen & Andrés Riquelme-Won & Felipe Vasquez-Lavin, 2013. "The value of a statistical life in Chile," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 1073-1087, December.
- Viscusi, W Kip & Aldy, Joseph E, 2003.
"The Value of a Statistical Life: A Critical Review of Market Estimates throughout the World,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 5-76, August.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Joseph E. Aldy, 2003. "The Value of a Statistical Life: A Critical Review of Market Estimates throughout the World," NBER Working Papers 9487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kip Viscusi, W. & Aldy, Joseph E., 2007.
"Labor market estimates of the senior discount for the value of statistical life,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 377-392, May.
- Viscusi, W. Kip & Aldy, Joseph, 2006. "Labor Market Estimates of the Senior Discount for the Value of Statistical Life," Discussion Papers dp-06-12, Resources For the Future.
- Marek Giergiczny, 2008. "Value of a Statistical Life—the Case of Poland," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 41(2), pages 209-221, October.
- Morley Gunderson & Douglas Hyatt, 2001. "Workplace risks and wages: Canadian evidence from alternative models," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(2), pages 377-395, May.
- W. Kip Viscusi, 2004. "The Value of Life: Estimates with Risks by Occupation and Industry," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(1), pages 29-48, January.
- Bakis, Ozan & Polat, Sezgin, 2013. "Wage Inequality in Turkey: 2002-2010," GIAM Working Papers 13-9, Galatasaray University Economic Research Center.
- Peter Dorman & Paul Hagstrom, 1998. "Wage Compensation for Dangerous Work Revisited," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 52(1), pages 116-135, October.
- Viscusi, W Kip, 1993. "The Value of Risks to Life and Health," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1912-1946, December.
- Wehn-Jyuan Tsai & Jin-Tan Liu & James Hammitt, 2011. "Aggregation Biases in Estimates of the Value per Statistical Life: Evidence from Longitudinal Matched Worker-Firm Data in Taiwan," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 49(3), pages 425-443, July.
- Doucouliagos, Chris & Stanley, T.D. & Giles, Margaret, 2012.
"Are estimates of the value of a statistical life exaggerated?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 197-206.
- Doucouliagos, Hristos & Stanley, T. D. & Giles, Margaret, 2011. "Are estimates of the value of a statistical life exaggerated?," Working Papers eco_2011_2, Deakin University, Department of Economics.
- J.A.F. Machado & P.M.D.C Parente & J.M.C. Santos Silva, 2011. "QREG2: Stata module to perform quantile regression with robust and clustered standard errors," Statistical Software Components S457369, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 16 Jun 2017.
- repec:reg:rpubli:282 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:lje:journl:v:22:y:2017:i:1:p:1-18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Polat, Sezgin, 2016. "Industry Wage Differentials and Working Conditions in Turkey: A Brief Note," MPRA Paper 73165, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsValue of a statistical life; Value of a statistical injury; Hedonic wages; Quantile regression;
- J17 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Value of Life; Foregone Income
- J28 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Safety; Job Satisfaction; Related Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2013-09-26 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CWA-2013-09-26 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-HEA-2013-09-26 (Health Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2013-09-26 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2013-09-26 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:giamwp:2013_011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Renginar Senses Dayangac). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/giamgtr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.