Energy and the State of Nations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert M. Solow, 1994. "Perspectives on Growth Theory," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 45-54, Winter.
- Beaudreau, Bernard C. & Pokrovskii, Vladimir N., 2010. "On the energy content of a money unit," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(13), pages 2597-2606.
- Ayres, Robert U. & Warr, Benjamin, 2005. "Accounting for growth: the role of physical work," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 181-209, June.
- Jorgenson, Dale W, 1984. "The Role of Energy in Productivity Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 26-30, May.
- Kurz,Heinz D. & Salvadori,Neri, 1997. "Theory of Production," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521588676, March.
- R. Stresing & D. Lindenberger & R. Kümmel, 2008. "Cointegration of output, capital, labor, and energy," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 66(2), pages 279-287, November.
- Pokrovski, Vladimir N., 2003. "Energy in the theory of production," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 769-788.
- Bruckner, Th. & Groscurth, H.-M. & Kümmel, R., 1997. "Competition and synergy between energy technologies in municipal energy systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 1005-1014.
- Groscurth, H.-M. & Kümmel, R. & Van Gool, W., 1989. "Thermodynamic limits to energy optimization," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 241-258.
- Dale W. Jorgenson, 1984. "The Role of Energy in Productivity Growth," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 11-26.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Santos, João & Domingos, Tiago & Sousa, Tânia & St. Aubyn, Miguel, 2016. "Does a small cost share reflect a negligible role for energy in economic production? Testing for aggregate production functions including capital, labor, and useful exergy through a cointegration-base," MPRA Paper 70850, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kümmel, Reiner & Lindenberger, Dietmar & Weiser, Florian, 2015. "The economic power of energy and the need to integrate it with energy policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 833-843.
- Ayres, Robert U. & van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M. & Lindenberger, Dietmar & Warr, Benjamin, 2013. "The underestimated contribution of energy to economic growth," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 79-88.
- Acurio Vásconez, Verónica & Giraud, Gaël & Mc Isaac, Florent & Pham, Ngoc-Sang, 2015.
"The effects of oil price shocks in a new-Keynesian framework with capital accumulation,"
Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 844-854.
- Verónica Acurio Vásconez & Gaël Giraud & Florent Mc Isaac & Ngoc-Sang Pham, 2014. "The Effects of Oil Price Shocks in a New-Keynesian Framework with Capital Accumulation," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01151642, HAL.
- Verónica Acurio Vásconez & Gaël Giraud & Florent Mc Isaac & Ngoc-Sang Pham, 2015. "The effects of oil price shocks in a new-Keynesian framework with capital accumulation," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01309299, HAL.
- Verónica Acurio Vasconez & Gaël Giraud & Florent Mc Isaac & Ngoc Sang Pham, 2014. "The Effects of Oil Price Shocks in a New-Keynesian Framework with Capital Accumulation," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 14099, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Martin de Wit & Matthew Kuperus Heun & Douglas J Crookes, 2013. "An overview of salient factors, relationships and values to support integrated energy-economic systems dynamic modelling," Working Papers 02/2013, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Hutzler, S. & Sommer, C. & Richmond, P., 2016. "On the relationship between income, fertility rates and the state of democracy in society," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 452(C), pages 9-18.
- Bibas, Ruben & Méjean, Aurélie & Hamdi-Cherif, Meriem, 2015. "Energy efficiency policies and the timing of action: An assessment of climate mitigation costs," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 90(PA), pages 137-152.
- Lund, Henrik & Hvelplund, Frede, 2012. "The economic crisis and sustainable development: The design of job creation strategies by use of concrete institutional economics," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 192-200.
- Lindenberger, Dietmar & Kümmel, Reiner, 2013. "The Sledge on the Slope or: Energy in the Economy, and the Paradox of Theory and Policy," EWI Working Papers 2013-3, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
More about this item
Keywordsenergy; economic growth; macroeconomic production functions; output elasticities;
- E23 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Production
- O41 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2012-01-10 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-HME-2012-01-10 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-MAC-2012-01-10 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:ewikln:2011_011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Williams). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ewikode.html .