Targeted Cash Transfers, Credit Constraints, and Ethnic Migration in the People’s Republic of China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Howell, Anthony, 2017. "Impacts of Migration and Remittances on Ethnic Income Inequality in Rural China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 200-211.
- World Bank, 2011. "Reducing Inequality for Shared Growth in China : Strategy and Policy Options for Guangdong Province," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2251, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anthony Howell, 2019. "Ethnic entrepreneurship, initial financing, and business performance in China," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 52(3), pages 697-712, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Chen, Yiu Por (Vincent) & Zhang, Yuan, 2018. "A decomposition method on employment and wage discrimination and its application in urban China (2002–2013)," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 1-12.
- Hrushikesh Mallick & Mantu Kumar Mahalik & Hemachandra Padhan, 2020.
"Does globalization exacerbate income inequality in two largest emerging economies? The role of FDI and remittances inflows,"
International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 67(4), pages 443-480, December.
- Hrushikesh Mallick & Mantu Kumar Mahalik & Hemachandra Padhan, 0. "Does globalization exacerbate income inequality in two largest emerging economies? The role of FDI and remittances inflows," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 0, pages 1-38.
- Valerio Mendoza, Octasiano M., 2016. "Preferential policies and income inequality: Evidence from Special Economic Zones and Open Cities in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 228-240.
- Shi, X., 2018. "Inequality of Opportunity in Earnings in Rural China," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277016, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Qianqian Chen & Ruifa Hu & Yiduo Sun & Chao Zhang, 2020. "How Does Rural–Urban Migration Experience Affect Arable Land Use? Evidence from 2293 Farmers in China," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-17, October.
- Thanh-Tung Nguyen & Trung Thanh Nguyen & Ulrike Grote, 2020. "Credit and Ethnic Consumption Inequality in the Central Highlands of Vietnam," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 148(1), pages 143-172, February.
- Kashif Iqbal & Hui Peng & Muhammad Hafeez & Khurshaid, 2020. "Analyzing the Effect of ICT on Migration and Economic Growth in Belt and Road (BRI) Countries," Journal of International Migration and Integration, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 307-318, March.
- Howell, Anthony, 2020. "Minimum wage impacts on Han-minority Workers’ wage distribution and inequality in urban china," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(C).
- Golan, Jennifer & Sicular, Terry & Umapathi, Nithin, 2017. "Unconditional Cash Transfers in China: Who Benefits from the Rural Minimum Living Standard Guarantee (Dibao) Program?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 316-336.
- Han, Huawei & Gao, Qin, 2019. "Community-based welfare targeting and political elite capture: Evidence from rural China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 145-159.
- Wang, Wenlue & Ren, Qian & Yu, Jin, 2018. "Impact of the ecological resettlement program on participating decision and poverty reduction in southern Shaanxi, China," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 1-9.
- Ma, Wanglin & Zhou, Xiaoshi & Renwick, Alan, 2019. "Impact of off-farm income on household energy expenditures in China: Implications for rural energy transition," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 248-258.
- Abebe Shimeles & Tiguene Nabassaga, 2018. "Why Is Inequality High in Africa?," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 27(1), pages 108-126.
- Li, Baoxi & Cheng, Shixiong & Xiao, De, 2020. "The impacts of environmental pollution and brain drain on income inequality," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 62(C).
- Williams, Nathalie E. & Bhandari, Prem & Young-DeMarco, Linda & Swindle, Jeffrey & Hughes, Christina & Chan, Loritta & Thornton, Arland & Sun, Cathy, 2020. "Ethno-Caste influences on migration rates and destinations," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 130(C).
- Foltz, Jeremy & Guo, Yunnan & Yao, Yang, 2020. "Lineage networks, urban migration and income inequality: Evidence from rural China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 465-482.
More about this item
Keywordsethnicity; indirect effect; liquidity constraints; migration; risk-sharing mechanisms; targeted cash transfers;
All these keywords.
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- J18 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Public Policy
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CNA-2020-01-27 (China)
- NEP-MIG-2020-01-27 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-TRA-2020-01-27 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:adbewp:0575. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Susan M. Torres). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/eradbph.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.