Regional and Global Patterns of Internationalisation of Finnish MNEs
Much of the recent evidence on the internationalisation patterns of Finnish MNEs has come from analyses of the Top 30 firms. This paper uses newly available data from the Orbis database on the foreign affiliates of Finnish MNEs, and compares this to the existing sources of data from the Bank of Finland and Statistics Finland. By utilising firm-level that includes smaller internationalising firms, we are able to get a more com-prehensive picture of the international activities Finnish firms. We are also able to present an analytically grounded classification of the different types of internationalising firms in terms of the spread or entropy of their international activities. Such a classification will enable a more fine-grained measure of internationalisation in future studies that examine for example the effects of internationalisation on the home country.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Lönnrotinkatu 4 B, FIN-00120 HELSINKI|
Phone: +358 (0)9 609 900
Fax: +358 (0)9 601 753
Web page: http://www.etla.fi/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. Bradford Jensen & Lori G. Kletzer, 2008. ""Fear" and Offshoring: The Scope and Potential Impact of Imports and Exports of Services," Policy Briefs PB08-1, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Alan M Rugman & Alain Verbeke, 2008. "The theory and practice of regional strategy: a response to Osegowitsch and Sammartino," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(2), pages 326-332, March.
- Lundan, Sarianna M., 2007. "The Home Country Effects of Internationalisation," Discussion Papers 1100, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Alan M Rugman & Alain Verbeke, 2004.
"A perspective on regional and global strategies of multinational enterprises,"
Journal of International Business Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(1), pages 3-18, January.
- Alan M. Rugman & Alain Verbeke, 2004. "A Perspective on Regional and Global Strategies of Multinational Enterprises," Working Papers 2004-19, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Thomas Osegowitsch & André Sammartino, 2008. "Reassessing (home-)regionalisation," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(2), pages 184-196, March.
- Gabrielsson, Mika & Manek Kirpalani, V. H., 2004. "Born globals: how to reach new business space rapidly," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 555-571, October.
- Simon Collinson & Alan M Rugman, 2008. "The regional nature of Japanese multinational business," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(2), pages 215-230, March.
- Pajarinen, Mika & Ylä-Anttila, Pekka, 2008. "Large Corporations in the Finnish Economy," Discussion Papers 1138, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rif:dpaper:1170. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kaija Hyvönen-Rajecki)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.